Steady climb course creation?

I am looking to create a long steady climb with no undulations for intervals — I don’t favor erg function. Is it possible to create such a course in SYSTM?
Bill Black

1 Like

You can’t actually create a “course” in SYSTM. It’s not built that way. If you want to ride to a video that has no power changes there are Open Rides from 15 minutes to 120 minutes. Just search Open in the Cycling Library.

2 Likes

If you pick an open ride, just ratchet up the power to the desired intensity.

1 Like

Yeah and then set the level such that you can keep the cadence you want at the power you want, and you’re good to go

1 Like

Welcome to the forums and Merry Xmas.

The other wee thing you can do (noting you’re preferring to not use ERG so the power targets are irrelevant) is run any video you like and just ride at whatever power you want with ERG off and watch any video you like. For example you could bring up Angels and just ride at whatever power you want for an hour and watch that video.

Or if you want really long, use Kitchen Sink - or even one of the really long NoVid ones and again just ride to your own power and it’ll record your ride.

If you’re doing 5+hrs, as people say, just rewind the video part way through so it records all in one ride

Enjoy !!

I don’t like setting watt targets for quality sessions because they end up being caps and further erg messes with my pedal stroke at higher power/exertion levels.

Bill Black

1 Like

@BillB They are supposed to be caps! The science of training is to find the appropriate (not the hardest) power required to make improvements.

On pedal stroke, I’m not sure why erg would mess with anything. Part of becoming a stronger cyclist is learning to be able to generate various levels of power with smooth pedal strokes using a range of different cadences.

We disagree and that’s fine.

Bill Black