SUFestive 500

For those of you not familiar, the Festive 500 is an annual challenge to ride 500km between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve.

This year they’ve teamed up with that other place to allow virtual entries, which means virtual rides on Strava count. Is anyone signing up to do the Festive 500 with SUF rides?

It’s not a trivial challenge… I did just under 400km (virtually) last year in the ToS, the thought of that effort PLUS 25% more on top in a shorter timeframe is giving me a combination of bleeding eyes, cold lactic shots, and advance painshakes. Kitchen Sink 8 days consecutively anyone?

2 Likes

It sounds fun, but challenging! However, if the effort didn’t kill me my wife surely would.
:grin: :pleading_face: :see_no_evil:

5 Likes

My personal preference would be It Seemed Like Thin Air Mashup 6 1/2 times versus Kitchen Sink (which is on my calendar for tomorrow so I will find out the total mileage). It is an interesting idea and probably very achievable. Thanks for the heads up. This also might work as part of a KOS attempt.

I’ve been trying to do this for three years now, but have always worked over Christmas (earlies, lates & nights) which has meant I’ve just not managed to get it done.

This year, however, I will do it outside, especially after a year’s worth of Sufferlandria!

Assuming the bike shop ever give the good bike back, obviously (but that’s a whole different rant!)

I’ve done it a few times, last year was easy as the weather was nice here in the UK. The wet cold winters are a challenge.