Sufferfest integration into Zwift

Hey everyone!

I am about to start a training plan on the sufferfest and was asking myself if there’s any chance to have these workouts integrated into Zwift. So I could ride in the Zwift app with my friends but am doing a SUF Workout.

I really like the idea of using training peaks for outdoor workouts to sync with my Wahoo computer, but as the SUF training plans in TP only contain structured workouts for the outdoors, this wouldn’t be a workaround.

I am happy to get any updates on this (:

Best
David

Hi,
Well integrating you could create the erg file and use it to train on zwift, or as others do, run the apps in parallel, however, if you are on ANT+ you need two ant+ receivers one for zwift and one for suff. As for Bluetooth, i don’t know if conflict exists. Hope this helps you.

If you do the workout and your friends on Zwift don’t, wouldn’t that bring you and your friends totally out of sync? I cannot se the point to this unless your friends are also doing the same workout?

1 Like

@Magnito good point, AFAIK if you ride in group mode on zwift there’s some feature that keeps you riding together, but as am not a Zwifter i don’t know exactly the details how that works

True @JC2020, I believe they call it rubberbanding. Not sure if it is avaliable for meetups.

However, I found when doing group workouts in Zwift and doing 400w @ 20 km/h was really annoying. That said, I can relate to being “social” under current circumstances, but would instead do group ride during a recovery session rather than workout.

2 Likes

Might not be the answer you’re looking for, but one solution is to have both running at the same time and turn the controllable option off on Zwift.

1 Like

What I do is run Sufferfest on my iPad with blue tooth and Zwift on my Mac Pro with ant+ and deselect trainer control on Zwift. Than do a ride in Zwift as an individual.

1 Like

Is there a way to just see/download the workout plan (interval times, power, cadence etc), transfer that to training peaks, and run it on Zwift?

Totally - if you run the workout in SUF and note the intervals would be easy enough to recreate.

Not sure what that means from an intellectual property point of view in Zwift - SUF might not want all their workouts on Zwift libraries, but that’s one for the SUF team to answer as well I guess.

Might be worth contacting support and asking their thoughts/for help as they have probably been asked before and may have suggestions.

There’s a contact option inside the app now that raises a ticket with them.

1 Like

You can run the workout in SYSTM while you ride in Zwift if you like, many do, but no, there is no way to download the workout so that you can just use Zwift. Don’t do it, don’t even think about it, GvA will make you Suffer big time if you do!! Floggings for Sir Martin for even suggesting it!

1 Like