SYSTM on a Chromecast with Google TV (Unsupported)

Thanks for posting the how to. Everything works fine until the install step. Getting a Verification error. Anyone else get that?

No problem, @Scetes.

• Are you trying to install on a Chromecast or something else?
  • What version of the SYSTM app are you trying to install?
  • What does the error look like/say exactly?

Just in case other Android phone users are still looking for solutions, I simply purchased a Targus DOCK110 ($65CAN on sale) and installed the DisplayLink Presenter app on my Android phone. The dock is about the same size as an older model smart phone; nice a small.

Your phone is plugged into the DOCK via attached cable. HDMI from DOCK to TV and I was good to go with SYSTM. This approach allowed my phone to remain the brains, only Play Store serviced apps, and always up to date.

Display Link app also supports rotation (no need for extra apps).

While I’ve not tried yet, the DOCK also has an RJ45 connection and USB 3.0 slots, so I could hardwire my ethernet connection and attach a wireless keyboard/mouse.
Pairing of peripherals (e.g., trainer, HR monitor, etc.) shouldn’t be a problem, as it is all by the phone.
Hope this helps some other Android phone users … until Wahoo finally gets around to supporting Android/Chromecast.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks all of you for sharing this.

I’ll try this afternoon on my Android TV Box with Android 10. I guess it should be the very same process.

Only doubt is; would it make any difference to extract the apk from my tablet instead of my android phone? I’ll try to extract the tablet one in case the portrait mode is enabled on that but, if someone already tried and it was a lost of time, thanks for letting me know.
I am actually not sure if the apk is exactly the same or if there is any difference.

I’ll try with 7.50 but guess I’ll back to 7.12 as it seems to be the last one working (wonder if the info in this thread had something to do with it…)

Cheers!

It could be a different apk for Tablet and Smartphone or depending on the screnn dpi but I don’t think SYSTM makes this distinction.
But it makes a difference which architecture your device has. 32-bit: armeabi-v7a and 64-bit arm64-v8a have different apk files and you need the correct one your Android TV Box with Android 10 is using.

Just checked and both are ARM 64bits. Let’s see how the test goes. Fingers crossed

1 Like

Well, I tried but the app doesn’t go further than the Wahoo Systm logo. It does not matter what version or platform (tried both 32 and 64 bits).

I guess I’ll stick to mirroring from the android tablet using the OTG HDMI dongle. Worst thing is that it drains the tablet battery in sessions longer than an hour (Tablet display is on the whole hour + signal to the monitor, connections with the trainer…).

Thanks to all anyway :smiley:

I had a similar problem which I resolved by installing and using Sideload Launcher. Maybe it is working for you too. Best of Luck.: