The most inspirational moments in Sufferlandria

I’ve been working on a remaster of Revolver. The old footage is looking a bit…tired. And as I was working with it, I kept coming back to the last couple of intervals…the music is just so powerful to me…the silence of the last last 10 seconds of the last interval where you’re (intentionally) left to just hear the heaving of your breath and feel the intensity of your heart rate. It’s a special moment. One that drags on far too long, mind you, for someone who is at maximum heart rate and 15, sorry, 16 intervals deep into a workout and praying for it to end. That’s the point, of course. To me, that’s one of the best moments of any SUF. I’m trying to keep that with the remaster.

11 Likes

Spoilers, man! :grinning:

6 Likes

Alla Vita for me. The way Silke Pan handles all the adversities is truly inspring to me.
Also I love the Cotty rides, because they inspire me to use level mode more often and because I love France.
My favourite inspirational moment is when you get handed a cigar for opening the gap in Team Scream.

2 Likes

1000x this.

I’ve mentioned it somewhere here before, but I love the moment in Defender where Quintana looks Contador up and down and then burys drops him like he’s standing still, on the climb to the finish. It’s like his thought process is “I feel good. How’s he doing? Is it on? It’s ON. Bring it.”.
To be fair, if I was on that hill I would very much be standing still, but Contador usually dances up those things.

Like @Glen.Coutts I also love beating Coryn Rivera (Labecki), because I know there’s no way I’d ever be even close enough to eat her dust in real life, and she rocks.

And, for the 20th time from me, the TTT at the end of HHNF.

2 Likes

Which video is that where riding up the incline with Contodor and towards the end of the video it says ‘it a pretty long way to the finish line’ or where along that line? Power Station?

That’s one which is annoyingly entertaining and inspirational as well. :smirk:

1 Like