The most inspirational moments in Sufferlandria

I did Rue the Day today, and really enjoyed it. Particularly the choice of music at the end in the cooldown, which I found very uplifting.

That got me thinking about the most inspirational moments in Sufferlandria. I get goose bumps at the end of Cobbler, every time … and sure, it may be due to the near death experience that I always suffer towards the end of Cobbler - but I think it’s just the most inspirational climax in all of Sufferlandria.

What are your most inspirational moments in Sufferlandria?

Edit: List of suggestions - Cobbler, Who Dares, AVDP, Attacker, Butter, Team Scream, Revolver, Joyride, Thin Air, Defender, FF[?]
[will add more as they come]

Idea: With a decent list, may then lobby the minions for an ‘inspirational moments’ challenge, with badge. Heck just looking at this list is inspiring [and a little painful]

6 Likes

Beating Coryn Rivera and how happy she is for me in Who Dares. Always makes me smile.

8 Likes

Pierre LaTour’s back-from-the-dead burst in the final interval of AVDP. A fine encapsulation of all things Suf (even if we’re all Wahoo, now).

4 Likes

The climax of Attacker is one of my favourites. I love the way the music is mixed down and the commentary and crowd noise brought forward. I am sure it inspires me to push on for the final few seconds despite thighs seared with pain.

This is what makes me keep coming back to. SUF rides in preference to others. The whole experience encourages the final push.

Great suggestion for a thread by the way.

4 Likes

I’ll be a little sappy here and say the inspirational part for me is the Forum. You all rock! :call_me_hand:t3::goat:🫶🏼

10 Likes

:face_holding_back_tears:

5 Likes

Winning Paris Roubaix with Matt Hayman in Butter is right up there for me.

5 Likes

Good question! I find the race footage impressive, and very motivating during the workout. Team Scream is the most motivating workout for me.

When it comes to inspiration though, I place Mike Cotty and Lael Wilcox at the top of my list.

It’s not one particular workout from Mike that does the trick, it’s his personality that shows through on the videos he appears in.

As for Lael Wilcox, the video “I just want to ride” stuck with me. She’s awesome!

4 Likes

You’re on the inspiration list @CPT_A! Now, back to regular programming…

2 Likes

I was inspired by the thread and rode Attacker this morning. It’s still brilliant.

4 Likes

Love the music for the last two MAP sections on Revolver and also the music leading up to the end of The Best Thing In The World. Great stuff.

1 Like

For me it’s at the end of the 20min effort in full frontal. I really like the last techno song and then it slows down with Peter Sagan doing a wheelie across the finish line.

3 Likes

The last push to the line in Joyride.

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

By far, Attacker still gives me goose bumps especially at that part of the video where the song Survive starts playing. So powerful and so moving that it never fails to make my eyes well up.

4 Likes

I don’t remember seeings anything at all in the latter parts of FF, other than perhaps a close up of my own tears

2 Likes

My favourite video is “Do as you’re told” - it just all comes together beautifully and I really like the music in the warm up. But inspirational has to be ‘Butter’ since it features to of the best monument finals of the 2010’s - Wout Poels winning a very hard LBL and, even better, Matthew Hayman winning PR.

I’m going to have to do all these in a row now … I am very afraid that this may be somewhat less than comfortable.

However, at times like these we have the wisdom of GvA for reassurance, and I am reminded that “the uncomfortable have nothing to fear.”

2 Likes

I sense a potential Knighthood attempt from you! Planning one anytime soon?

1 Like

Yeah I would guess they won’t feel quite so “inspirational” by then, @feeny

:thinking:

1 Like

Sprinting to beat The Shark at the end of Thin Air or ISLTA. Those last 3 minutes and the song that plays gets me every time. No matter how tired I am I get chills up and down my whole upper body and I nail that sprint. EVERY TIME!! Wooo!!!

I rode ISTLA on repeat for my first century ride (indoors!) and I destroyed those 3 minutes every time. :slight_smile:

Just now I opened the video just so I could find that section to see how many minutes left there are when it starts… and I immediately got chills and wished I was on my bike! LOVE IT

#swoon

6 Likes