You know you're a Sufferlandrian when

How would you answer this question? Too many to list probably, but yesterday during The Chores, I was reminded about all of the chores still waiting for me after my ride (I’m looking at you, laundry). But another 40 second effort came up and I pushed that to the back of my mind. First things first.

11 Likes

…it’s the next morning after [insert horrible workout here], everything hurts, and you have [insert another horrible workout] on tap for the day.

5 Likes

…hearing “release your arms and legs and lie back in final resting pose” is the happiest moment of your day.

( :wink: @abicarver )

14 Likes

And you happlily look forward to such Suffering that when you AREN’T on a training plan, you build such for yourself.

5 Likes

The playlist I listen to while washing dishes or running errands are all songs I took from Sufferfest workouts.

10 Likes

When it’s a lovely day outside but you can’t resist staying in and taking a beating on the trainer. :call_me_hand:

7 Likes

When you love the Cols on open 30 ( and others) so much you spend a whole week finding a weather window to cycle some - col de cayolle, col des champs and col d’allos. Cold, wet at times but beautiful 10 hour challenge. (Yes I am very slow uphill - 62 year old female!!)

8 Likes

Wow sounds epic and amazing!!! Well done!

1 Like

When you look at your training plan for days you can tack on a second ride.

4 Likes

When you get yourself through a challenging yoga class by muttering, “The uncomfortable have nothing to fear.”

9 Likes

When you cry tears of joy after completing a tough SYSTM ride

6 Likes

When somebody mentions the Tour and your first thought is “of Sufferlandria”.

20 Likes

May need to try that one.

3 Likes

Extra hearts for you, @Sir_Brian_M .

:hearts: :hearts: :hearts:

7 Likes

This is rapidly becoming my favourite thread.

But @DarrenWCKam report to flogging station 16. You clearly weren’t riding hard enough if those weren’t tears of Royale Paine! :rofl:

4 Likes

The very definition of “me-time”!

6 Likes

Would I be able pop the proverbial ChamPagne after I am done with flogging station #16? :wink:

I know another, you know you’re a Sufferlandrian when you see donuts and you say, no, never, no-oh-oh-oh, nein :smile:

4 Likes

Absolutely

1 Like

You know that 16/15 is more than 1 1/15th.

7 Likes

When you actually understand the 50 hour day and the sufferlandrian time warp

16 Likes