The Omnium. Have you suffered today?

Usually I get a feeling of elation having finished a tough session like The Chores, Revolver, even the Nine Hammers I did recently, which whilst it resulted in much swearing and the first time I’d completed it in 5 tries, but the Omnium was much worse. I was in shock at the end of it, like what the f&#% just happened!! Almost the same feeling after the 4DP.

6 Likes

I have done the Omnium four times, and it is one of my favorite workouts.
The last 20 seconds before the cool down is quite the experience.

If it is any consolation, the original version was worse.

5 Likes

I did it in Feb '21, was that the old version? If so it must have been so painful, my memory has buried it. I don’t remember how much I suffered then. I remember back then stuff like Violator and Nine Hammers living up to their names (didn’t complete both of those then!) but don’t remember Omnium.

1 Like

This post from Neal Henderson was from September 2021, so I would guess you did the older version. The changes were not major.

4 Likes

Dit it last tuesday. Last sprint was horrible :face_vomiting: 193 max bpm at 48 y/o I shouldnt go that high :thinking:

3 Likes

Do you have an existing medical reason why? As long as your HR recovers in a reasonable time, it should be fine.

6 Likes

Yes it recovers fine. Always had high bpm averages. I can do 165/170 for a ling time.

1 Like

Mines the opposite… @ 70 my max is 149. Even back when I was around 45 I did mountain biking for a few years before I stopped cycling altogether until 4 years ago and 163 was, at that time, my max

1 Like