🎺 🎉 🚲 The Wahooligan Tour 2024 - Registration is Open! 🚲 🎉 🎺

Eh?

Oh, sorry. I tried to reply to a stupid suggestion but it must have been sent to wrong person.

1 Like

If it was a daft suggestion, it was probably me :upside_down_face: all good :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Signed up
Sufferlandrian route naturally
Pain shakes and sand paper chamois at the ready
:partying_face:

3 Likes

Is anyone setting up a Knights of Sufferlandria team…?

3 Likes

Suff Route Baby!! All signed up…and ready to suffer as I’m totally out of shape :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I have signed up for the suf option. Looking forward to it. I was hoping they would be releasing some new material for the tour like they have in the past. It seems that the pace of new releases has slowed due to loss of crucial employees over the past year.

2 Likes

High Time is still pretty shiny as the newest SUF vid and very possibly the last.

3 Likes

I’m sitting this one out. I’ve got some medical issues going on, need to be very conservative with my fitness until I know more. That being the case, I’ll not be in form by then.

Edit: well I’m getting a biopsy of my prostrate on Jan 9th. Both a high PSA and other blood test (not sure what the test is called) confirm I’ve got cancer. I don’t know yet, what type or treatment options. But I’m kind of stuck, not sure how to proceed or if riding is even safe to do right now. And I’m a bit bummed out at this point. Hard to get motivated to do anything really, especially exercise.

5 Likes

Uuhhh Yeah. Except swap out “will” for “could”.

3 Likes

You believe that’s it for sufferfest videos?

1 Like

I don’t know if it would be answered, but it might be worth a shot - get in touch with Wahoo maybe and check with them if they’ll confirm?
(Otherwise we get an endless list of opinions, where none of us are the decision makers).
Let us know if you do get a reply though :+1:

1 Like

@Rupert.H both of these routes are absolutely fab - power station after nine hammers on the SUF route is brilliant. Numbers will be dialled down by day 2 on that side of things if I do Blender to accurate numbers. Cracking finish too.
Roll on the end of Feb now that the main racing month of the year is nearly over.

Small chance I might have to do this a different week if I tag on a late race this year before it starts getting daylight and warm, in which case, will follow on with envy that week, and do it the next week anyway :slight_smile:

4 Likes

With Sir Francois having left The Company after High Time, I’d be shocked if there was another Suf video. There is simply nobody left to create one. So, unless there’s a minion somewhere, with the passion, creativity, understanding of Sufferlandrian culture, history, wicked sense of humour, perfect musical timing, and video editing skills, yep. I believe that’s it.

That said, I do expect new content. Just not that :disappointed:

3 Likes

@Glen.Coutts There is plenty of talent externally to edit a video so I don’t think that is an issue.

Curious what gaps you feel exist in the current Sufferfest library? Is there a workout or workouts (for example from the NoVids) that you would really like to see?

Or would you rather that the focus be on updating some of the older Sufferfest workouts with refreshed content and if so which ones?

that might be so, but it’s the combination of things I mentioned that make The Sufferfest videos special in a way that would be very hard to replicate in the way Sir David, then Sir Francois have done.

Well, it would be awesome if:

• HM got a full on SUF treatment like FF. :pray::pray::pray:
  • Same with Cadence Builds which is one of the most frequent rides in many of the training plans and the story is practically there already as is some of the video, so adding some motivating music could enhance it.
  • What about Primers? Another classic, frequently ridden video that could also benefit from the full on SUF treatment. The video is there, the story is pretty much written, but the addition of music would enhance it too.
  • Ditto for Standing Starts

As for No-Vids. Precisely because they are no-vids I have a very hard time bringing myself to do them. I completely understand the training benefit of many/all of them but if I wanted to do No-Vids, I’d have gone with Trainer Road. I admire people who have the internal drive to ride these while either listening to their own music or watching some other content (cycling related or not) but I am NOT one of those people.

What brought me (hook, line and sinker) to Sufferlandria was how The Sufferfest videos fully engaged me in a story, knew exactly when I’d be struggling and provided the precise amount of motivation to keep going. All while making me laugh and not take myself too seriously. I’ve tried doing No-Vids on Zwift, then RGT and now Indie-Velo and while this gives me something to look at, it also bores me silly. I am also one of those folks that are not at all engaged by the Pro-Ride series. Don’t get me wrong as I understand the appeal and know that there’s a fair amount of folks who think the Pro-Ride series is the best thing that happened to indoor cycling since, well, The Sufferfest but that’s not me. For me, ProRides are a sure fired way to bring on TTBS and I find the endings invariably demotivational while understanding too that they’re very realistic as you can’t win EVERY race (that is, unless you’re Sufferlandrian :wink: )

So my hope of all hopes is that The Company find that “talent” and create more SUF vids out of the No-Vid library, or, like High Time, a slightly tweaked version of these to fit The Sufferfest mould. Start with the ones that are going to give people the greatest general benefits then work through the list. Make me suffer, make me laugh, build me up, drive me forward. It’s a formula that’s kept me here since late 2015, and others for longer than that.

15 Likes

@Glen.Coutts These are great ideas - it would be great to have updated workout videos for each of these.

Edit: We should probably start a separate thread for this discussion.

8 Likes

There is also, the promised, but I guess never to be delivered, revised HM that has a shorter constrained effort.

4 Likes

I’ll sadly have to skip this year’s tour…. I’m to have a hip-replacement surgery sometime around mid-February, and while my surgeon says I should be able to do light indoor cycling as early as the day the following the surgery, the volume and intensity required for the tour would be well beyond my capabilities at that point.

Suffer well!

Rob

5 Likes

Glen,
Those are great suggestions.
At the very least, some of the older sufferfest videos should/could be updated with contemporary race footage. No need to change the story or the music.

The company could probably gets some more mileage out of that initiative. Especially with current subscribers who “enjoy” sufferfest workouts instead of Zwift.

1 Like