The Wahooligan Tour 2024

The Wahooligan Tour is back!

Our 7-day virtual cycling challenge celebrating Wahooligan athletes around the world and benefiting the Davis Phinney Foundation returns in 2024. Mark your calendars for February 25-March 2 :calendar:

This year, the Davis Phinney Foundation is celebrating 20 years in their mission to help people with Parkinson’s live well today and we have a few surprises!

More details to come in January :eyes:

19 Likes

Awesome!!

1 Like

Excellent news.

Have now submitted my leave application for that week off!

Bring it on!

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thanks for the early heads up (for the heads down to about stem height)!

1 Like

sigh

Yup, Wahoo corporate coming through loud and clear. Will miss the Knights, and best of luck to all, but I’m out.

Will support and ride w @DPhin and crew elsewhere in 2024.

#notahooligan

14 Likes

I am hearing good things about this year’s event!

Muhahaha GIFs | Tenor

That Tour.
Actually I like this first poster looks good :smiley:

2 Likes

Oh???

@Rupert.H I am still offended by the term Wahooligan. I am not, and never will be, one. In the UK, the word hooligan is associated with racism, homophobia, sexism and violence. Please re-think.

24 Likes

Same. As others are. Please, please, please change the name. Just the Wahoo Tour would be fine. You don’t need to create a collective term for wahoo users.

18 Likes

How about a preliminary alternative first? I am sure there will be lots more to come

16 Likes

Why no longer Sufferlandria ?

I feel knighthood is no longer a thing, let’s see how the Tour does. I do hope for the best.

6 Likes

After doing just 4 rides back to back for the first time for the November challenge, I feel that knighthood is still definitely a thing. I doff my baseball cap and mentally add a “my liege” whenever I get a reply from a knight on here.

4 Likes

Wait a minute, are monthly challenges supposed to be ridden back to back?

If not it should be a thing for a special badge!

2 Likes

It was just a one-off for November. I’m sure they’ll repeat it sometime. Maybe there should be a minor title for these… Squire of November Sufferlandria?

There is and has been one every month for a long while now

Yeah the monthly challenges have been going a while and i meant the swag for doing all in one day was a one-off, unless I missed something?

3 Likes

Thanks for confirming that my decision to cancel my Wahoo X membership last week was the right one. I am going to take the money I would have spent on a Wahoo X membership and use it to support development at indievelo as a Founders Club member. Knights can cycle anywhere. In addition to making sweat via training sessions, I want to support a site that seems focused on innovation/improvement, not stagnation. I really feel that Wahoo has just been playing subscribers with the “we hear you”, “we are going to improve/better things are coming” since they took over the Sufferlandria site. This site used to be ran by a CEO that never took himself too seriously, but always took the site seriously…and was truely involved with the day-to-day running/guidance. Now, this site just seems to be an empty corporate castle at the top of a mountain…never a word from the CEO on what concrete roundmap/plans are in motion to improve/innovate the Wahoo X site…or proof that he listens to customers feedback.

11 Likes

You can count me in for the 2nd Annual Wahoolimabob Tour. The Wahoominati are less than impressed with The Company’s steadfast refusal to drop the name in favour of something less, how can I say this politely… ermmm… barfy? :face_vomiting: Nonetheless, I’ll be there and I will suffer in support of The Davis Phinney Foundation for Parkinson’s.

Nice to have the dates solidly set well in advance though colour me curious about the colours on the poster. So, let’s stir the pot of speculation :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: as methinks it looks a bit Zwift Climb Portally :thinking:
Screenshot 2023-12-12 at 9.10.51 AM

#twaaw Xoom Xoom!
Xoom

17 Likes

Cough SERF cough

:wink:

4 Likes