The Wahooligan Tour STAGE 7: To Get To The Other Side workout on RGT Stelvio

doing a “ride” in ERG mode would set your effort at whatever percentage of FTP you set in RGT. Doing a “Workout” on RGT is different. Then, in ERG mode it will vary the effort required based on the intervals in the workout you are doing.

Doing either a workout or a ride in Level mode replicates the gradient of the road it is simulating. So on Stelvio it’s a slog, at the airport it’s fast and flat.

1 Like

Thank you, I didn’t get no stinkin badges
aHR0cHM6Ly9ib3NxdWVmaWxtLmNvbS93cC1jb250ZW50L3VwbG9hZHMvMjAyMS8wNy9iYWRnZXJzLTYwMHg0NTAuanBn

1 Like

hehe. When you click on the details of the badge, does it show a green check on Stages 1-6 like so:

1 Like

I have just gone into the RGT app and tried both “Just Ride” and Workout" options and on both, if I enable ERG all I get is a target power (watts)option(which previously just kept me at that wattage all the time) and for level mode, a trainer difficulty percentage option which raises or lowers a line in relation to your FTP. Why does ERG ask for a target power in a workout if the powers are already set in the workout…thanks

1 Like

It’s the Col d’Iseran, I remember Sir Mike Cotty telling us that in The Way Out (2770m ish). He’s waiting at the bottom now to show you Sir - and says you can’t sit down till he does! :wink:

(Ps, yeah, the Co. should put that in RGT it’s glorious suffering) :hot_face::mountain:

5 Likes

but you are not showing any trainer device as connected so…

1 Like

Will get back to you, I have two pc’s but it is the same on the one with my sensors connected as that is the one I tried the rides on. Will get on the trainer PC tomorrow and get back tomorrow as girlfriend picking up from work duty now… cheers

1 Like

I don’t have the badge in the Awards tab

you don’t have it at all or you dont have it marked as done? Can you screen shot your awards?

Yup.

1 Like

Nope. Col d’Iseran (2764m) is the highest paved pass. The Pico de Veleta (3380m) in Spain is supposed to be the highest paved road. There are, apparently, some doable gravel roads that go higher.

1 Like

whichever it is, lets have it in RGT. The more climbs, the better as far as I’m concerned :slight_smile: GIVE ME ALL THE CLIMBS!!!

1 Like

Well, the Road Cycling UK article has the Strava segments for all of them, so you could import them as magic roads, Sir @Glen.Coutts.

How hard could 15 be? Do we need to initiate The Most Noble Order of the Laser Goat?

:thinking:

Heck, you’ve already checked off the Stelvio!

[quote=“CPT_A, post:195, topic:22175, full:true”]

1 Like

…though you have a good one right next door, Sir @Glen.Coutts !

virtual Stelvio x 2, Virtual Alpe x 35, virtual Ventoux x 9. Have I mentioned I LOVE climbing? hehe.

Seriously though, I’d like more than Magic Roads for these though. The road markers etc, the switchback signs all make for a much more engaging ride. I’d love RGT to make some more seriously climby real roads with the additional scenery. :pray: :pray:

4 Likes

:face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

I used to love hills when I was young(er). Not so much anymore. Probs those extra adulthood kgs. I promised myself I would do the Mount Washington hill climb one year (coming for you, Phil Gaimon), but even thinking about it makes me cry.

1 Like

the Iseran is in fact not the highest road in Europe but the highest road pass. i.e. you climb up, go over the top and then down on the other side instead of going back down the same way or doing a loop after hitting the top of the pass. small but significant difference :wink:
and Sir Michael never actually mentions how bloody steep it gets (even worse coming from Bonneval though)

8 Likes

That’s a cool pic, and kudos! Yes you’re right of course, I was thinking of passes not roads. Like Sir Glen I do love a big climb, here’s hoping Sir Mike will make a “The Way Up” film of that Pico one.

I live in the Chiltern Hills so we don’t have any big mountains just LOTS of…um…hills. :mount_fuji::mount_fuji::mount_fuji::mount_fuji::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Thanks for the thorough response. So essentially ignore whatever targets are shown. To paraphrase Bette “Strap in fellas it’s going to be a long slog.”

2 Likes