The Wahooligan Tour STAGE 7: To Get To The Other Side workout on RGT Stelvio

Yeah, this sort of thing would be hard to miss :grin:

2 Likes

Hi,

I am sorry for the experience on RGT today. Regarding achieving the badge, we have had some upload issues with the celebration video so we have put the 3min breathing more deeply video in there as an interim solution so you can complete the badge:
https://systm.wahoofitness.com/content-details/ZEkB8ZnTaf

When the Tour window closes, we will do a recalculation of the challenge to ensure everyone receives their badge.

I can only apologize for this and would like to thank you for taking part in the tour this year and supporting the Davis Phinney Foundation.

18 Likes

@Jeffrey, you can post over here if you want to talk adult recovery beveragesā€¦

And EXC choice!

1 Like

Thanks for all the updates, Sir @Rupert.H. Canā€™t have been fun being thrown out as the sacrificial lamb this past month.

Hopefully all this gets fixed. Looking forward to the 2024 Tour of Sufferlandriaā€¦in February of next year.

:grimacing:

15 Likes

I enjoyed that bit of breathing

2 Likes

Thank you Coach Rupert!
For those who did the ā€œshortenedā€ RGT Stage 7 today (68 minutes), can we assume that this will be accounted for during the badge validation?
(FWIW, I did get the badge after running the three minute yoga/celebration session).

Rob

6 Likes

Correct for RGT, you know you rode it so you have the badge!!!

6 Likes

Thanks Sir @Rupert.H! :pray:

I knew it would get sorted eventually :slight_smile:

In the meantime the badge minions can assign themselves to any available flogging station. #14 just opened up, coincidentally right after I finished Stage 6: The Road. :woozy_face::nauseated_face::face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Help! Iā€™ve mentioned before I havenā€™t done RGT before. Tried signing up for the noon CET ride for Stage 7. Every time I hit the sign up button, nothing happens. It changes to Leave Now and nothing is asses to my schedule.

Iā€™m not sure itā€™s the Minions I would be sending to the flogging stations, Sir @Glen.Coutts.

1 Like

Scheduled RGT events do not show up in the SYSTM calendar at this time. If you signed up correctly, you should get a confirmation email.

Rob

2 Likes

Fair, but I wasnā€™t sure if thereā€™d be enough stations for The Company. Besides, the minions do love a good flogging :wink:

1 Like

Wellā€¦thatā€™sā€¦another conversation entirely.

:grimacing:

tumblr_mlgtifx2sF1re0c97o1_500

2 Likes

What about all future scheduled RGT group rides for Stage 7? Will they work properly or will the same thing happen?

Iā€™m leaning towards TGTTOS in SYSTM for stage 7a and then a solo up Stelvio for 7b.

3 Likes

Donā€™t know if theyā€™ll get everything un-@ssed in time, @Natasha.R. But given what Sir @Rupert.H said, Iā€™d go ahead and knock out the stage however you want and let them sort it out.

I plan to do the group ride (1700GMT, fwiw) tomorrow in RGT, just for giggles, with SYSTM running in the background. (Though due to timing issues, Iā€™ll be riding 7b up the Stelvio FIRST, then turning back around to do the 7a TGTTOS afterā€¦ :grimacing:)

2 Likes

Sounds like my plan :). I just got a notice that theyā€™ve turned Rubber Banding off on the RGT ride I signed up for so that should help a lot of people trapped in the vortex.

I still plan to run tgttos in SYSTM and run RGT concurrently cuz, I like the vid and Sir Standsalot is a gem!

2 Likes

Sounds like youā€™re gonna get to the other side before you get to the other side.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve never ridden To Get to the Other Side before. If I ride it on RGT, will it also end up marked as completed on the All Climbing and All the Sufferfest badges as well as the Tour badge? Will I need to file a ticket to get that to happen?

Iā€™m absurdly motivated by badges so this will drive my decision between riding in RGT vs. SYSTM.

3 Likes

Iā€™d guess thatā€™s a hard no. If youā€™ve never ridden it before, Iā€™d HIGHLY recommend riding it in SYSTM. Itā€™s a great workout and features an Oscar worthy performance from Sir Standsalot. That way, youā€™ll get the Suf badge and the tour badge.

Edit: Iā€™ll add that Iā€™d also highly recommend doing Stage 7b and just go for a slog up the Stelvio for bonus points.

9 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™d agree. All the RGT rides Iā€™ve done have popped up in my SYSTM calendar as - essentially - outside activities. I would not think it would trip the ride for badge purposes.

1 Like