The Wahooligan Tour STAGE 7: To Get To The Other Side workout on RGT Stelvio

Thanks for the link to the thread. Belgian beers are my favorite and of them Trappists and Quadruples.

1 Like

Cap’n Sir @CPT_A’s thread. I’m practically a teetotaller.

4 Likes

Oops my bad, apols Sirs. :grimacing::slightly_smiling_face:

Next stop: Flogging Station #13

3 Likes

Sorry Sir. That one is occupied. Also. No need to apologize.

2 Likes

Just completed the stage 7 at RGT, group of around 40 people doing the ride and what a mess, workout arrived to the top of the climb 20 minutes too early and stopped! Looking at Wahoo X and the workot while registered is not counting as completed! I think you better avoid doing the last stage at RGT unless you want to do it twice! :-1: :-1: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

9 Likes

So… Not an entirely successful stage this one. Our group hit the top of the Stelvio with 20 minutes left on the workout, so it just decided to finish the ride with no way to complete the workout.

5 Likes

I think Wahoo are going to have to do some manual fixing to mark the stage as complete.

5 Likes

@Glen.Coutts your idea of doing the workout in Systm while riding the Stelvio is a sound one.

5 Likes

Fwiw, even those that have done it only in SYSTM haven’t received the badge yet. It will all get sorted “soon”.

Just a shame The Company didn’t give a good heads up on it. Coulda saved themselves a bunch of unnecessary grief. :man_shrugging:t3:

10 Likes

I find it so odd that they designed this stage and didn’t consider what would happen if people reached the end of the road before the end of the workout.

6 Likes

Yeah that was ok until the end! Sure they can manually fix it. I cant do the stage again so sadly i will have to promise to do Extra Shot if the minions fix this!

4 Likes

Well you had your fun Wahoo now Please, give us our Tour of Sufferlandria back. This will make me look at Zwift for next year.
Couple of suggestions:
*If you want to Wahoolagan tour great it makes for a great recovery week.

• TdS has always been a good kick start to the season. Mid March is way to late. And falls on the 1st week of daylight savings time for my time zone. I want to be outside, not on the hamster cage.
  • I didn’t bother with RGT. I want to get my exercise. The latest tech gadget is not what I’m after. I still use my Sufferfest DVD’s and MP3’s.
    *I’m a big fan of the Wahoo HR monitors, DPF, and Tour of Sufferlandria’s humor.
    John Olinski
18 Likes

The Recovery Beverage poll closes at the end of Stage 7. If you still wish to vote, you can do so here:

3 Likes

This was indeed a colossal disappointment. I can’t believe they didn’t consider that someone could ride up Stelvio in under 1:25h, even with the whole ride being well under FTP.

But, I guess it’s a fitting end to the dismal Tour. No sense of accomplishment and pride this time around. I guess next year, I’ll just do the first ToS - I wasn’t around back then, so it’ll be new to me :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Yeah, not the most elegant way to finish this years Tour.

I’m sure the minions are working it out as we speak and for all concerned to complete this year too.

There was still some glorious suffering involved and we’re still cheering for those yet to cross the line!

:star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

4 Likes

Ouch. :grimacing:

Topic to follow closely until saturday 9pm gmt, when i was thinking about making my debut ever in a group e-ride. I look forward to new developments

3 Likes

On the plus side, it was a fun experience.

4 Likes

I am now absolutely glad that the banding for RGT is horribly broken, as is the system itself.

I checked my sensors were paired at the menu screens in RGT and they were good to go.
I jumped into the ride with a minute or so to go, because I was tight on time only to find that my bike which had been paired in the sensors screen of the menu had been forgotten about entirely and RGT had connected to a Core in a completely different room.
I had to get it to re-pair to the bike, by which time the ride had started, but the group were all of about 10 meters in front of me.

However, despite putting out 150%+ of the w/kg of the banded group, I still got dropped and couldn’t put in extra because it was a guided workout so I was locked to the efforts of the session.

It was a thoroughly miserable experience. Despite having headphones on that work in everything else, I couldn’t hear any of the conversation despite the radio indicating that people in the channel were talking.

Several people jumped into the ride late, teleported to the group but because they weren’t already putting out power were immediately unbanded and dropped.
I saw a number of other riders just give up on it and drop out.
I spent much of the ride, almost all on my own other than the riders who were getting unbanded who I would occasionally catch, wondering just how much I cared about the tour badge this year. I didn’t have time to drop out and do it in SYSTM instead, so it was just a really, really dull trudge up a virtual mountain without my Bike even giving me the gradient simulation for fun.

All topped off in the chat when the banded group reached the top well before the end of the session and you get to read the text chat where they’ve just been cut short.

I think I was possibly the only person in the entire session who actually completed it fully, because I was in the end using steering to stick to the outside line and finished the guided workout a few hundred meters short of the line, where I got the only bit of enjoyment of the whole ride when my bike was released, I got gradient and got to just kick up the last section to the finish.

It was, to be blunt, a complete farce.

11 Likes

Aye, if the goal was to showcase RGT to SYSTM users (and I’m sure it was), you could say this backfired spectacularly.

9 Likes

Looks like they did not even bother to test it out in advance. This is the type of problem that would have clearly shown up if they did.

6 Likes