Tickr bluetooth dropouts

Don’t think there is anything as such wrong with the Wahoo HRM as again today, on a short indoor recovery ride, it worked faultlessly AS LONG AS THE APP WASN’T BEING CAST TO MY TV WITH CHROMECAST. I am not sure that a different/polar HRM would be any different in that respect? Is there anyone here that is casting the Systm app to their TV screen using an Android phone and Google Chromecast who has good results using a HRM sync to the Systm app? cheers

I found cleaning the sensor solved it!

All the stuff is brand new, it is definitely Chromecast that is screwing everything up

1 Like

I assume you’ve googled all the Chromecast troubleshooting stuff hey?

Yes, but most of the troubleshooting stuff is to do with problems with Chromecast connection and drop outs. Can’t really find anything to do with my situation where Chromecast/ Android is causing problems with Bluetooth apart from the suggestion to move everything away from the router which is impossible because I need the router for the Wi-Fi connection to my phone. I would have thought having Chromecast on 5 GHZ and bluetooth on 2.4GHZ would have solved it but apparently not as there must still be some interference from the casting to the TV somewhere. Stop casting to the TV and the problem goes away

Is the chromecast Ethernet connected?

No, how do you do that as it only has power(mains plug/usb) to the unit and then unit to TV with a short HDMI cable.

1 Like

You’ve identified that the problem is wireless interference, the obvious and rock solid solution is to use a cable to get the video from your phone to your TV. If you download the videos in advance, then you can turn wifi off on your phone and or move away from your router.

Is it possible that despite configuring your Chromecast to 5Ghx WiFi, its still spewing out a 2.4Ghz signal looking for Bluetooth accessories like headphones and remotes?

1 Like

Yeh, sorry sir. I thought it may have been like some other streaming boxes.

1 Like

Thanks will look into that even though it may take an age to download even one longish session onto my phone. cheers

I got the higher end Polar, but your issue sounds different than mine. My Wahoo HRM would only work after I took the battery out and it would often read me having a heart rate of 0 for large portions of rides. It rarely had an accurate HR and my Apple Watch was more accurate.

1 Like

Ongoing saga!! twice now my Tickr has dropped out during a session and this is just using my android phone and no screen casting at all. The only Bluetooth connections are my Direto trainer from which I get power/cadence and virtual speed (from the Systm app) and the Tickr. When it drops out it goes off for good. Today just a hour into the “ISAGIATT” session it dropped out completely and even disconnecting it from the strap, waiting a few minutes, connecting it up again (both lights flashing) it refused to re-connect. So now presuming Android/Systm can’t deal with multiple Bluetooth connections at once. I can’t use ANT+ for the trainer because it isn’t supported by Systm on Android.

That’s certainly frustrating. All I can say is that SYSTM can handle multiple Bluetooth connections. So the problem is either with your TICKR, your phone, or some peculiar interaction among the TICKR, phone and SYSTM.

I’d start by contacting Wahoo about the TICKR. Maybe they’ll have an idea of maybe they’ll replace it. If you haven’t already, I’d make sure your phone is up-to-date with the latest operating system and whatever else you can update (like Bluetooth drivers). Not saying that’s the problem, but it’s worth trying.

Wahoo have already replaced the Tickr, the phone is new and up to date and the trainer is new too.

Maybe they have to replace it again.

Doubt it is the Tickr as the first one was new as well

I don’t see what else it could be. You’ve said it’s not your phone. You’ve said it isn’t due to radio interference. We know that SYSTM doesn’t have any problems with Bluetooth TICKRs on android or any other operating system (because thousands of people use it that way without difficulty). So that leaves us with the TICKR.

Not sure if you have tried it but if your house had 5g and 2.4ghz try connecting to thr 5ghz one on your phone. Bluetooth can have issues if there is a lot of 2.4ghz wifi signals. I really hope wahoo reconsiders adding ant+ on android even though alot of the latest and greatest dont support it. Its doubt full 5ghz on the phone will fix it but i see you noted your chrome cast was on it so id make sure you phone is also. Its quite odd that your tickr goes off and turns off instead of just mini drop outs

1 Like