ToS 2022: Stage 6: TBTITW is OPEN -- but is it really the best?

I think it was Henry Ford who said: Whether You Think You Can, or Think You Can’t … You’re Right.

This is my first ToS as well, so my advice is this: Think you can!

7 Likes

Stage 6 in the books, not too sinister looking graph-wise, but it is. Having AVDP hangover legs didn’t help. Both sets challenging, lucky there wasn’t one additional set in there! Bring on Stage 7!!

4 Likes

My legs just gave up about halfway through - the fatigue is real. Somehow managed to pull myself together (“you can do anything for 5 minutes… or was it 8 minutes? or was it 2 minutes? oh, one minute has gone past already!”).

That final grind, with the dirty dubstep had me howling. Can’t imagine what the neighbours were thinking!

5 Likes

Thank you so much for the support @Gillgenny
Very inspiring. Now I feel I have no choice but to give it a try :crazy_face:

5 Likes

@Critmark Let’s do this :muscle:t2:

1 Like

It doesn’t feel like it’s the best at anything. Except being the worst maybe.

11 Likes

Well I pushed a business meeting to give me some room for a 10 min break in between. Now let’s see what happens. Thanks @DMBran

3 Likes

The best thing in the world… well, got up before 6 AM, strava says I started the stage 6.05 AM.

Best thing in the world is that I’m ready for work and that my GF is supporting me.

Let’s go stage 7!

6 Likes

Stage 6 in the pocket, 6/7 nuclear :100: %.

This almost broke me, pure mental game today … just happy to reach the starting line of Stage 7….

8 Likes

1:1 same feelings Sir, ok my IF is ,just‘ .9 but as pursuiter this hit me hard today :face_vomiting:.
See you at the starting line tomorrow- well suffered :+1::wave:

4 Likes

Another tough one at Nuclear. Those surges do me in. Mentally. No scope for settling in and just tapping away. The last 3-4 minutes really kicked. All done now. Tomorrow is going to be…interesting…and will demand lots and lots of post-ride cake

11 Likes

No advice, just a “Congratulations!,” a “Welcome!,” and a “Good Luck with Stage Seven!”

5 Likes

A bad night’s sleep beforehand was not great.
Did my usual low cadence thing, got through it ok

4 Likes

For a while I thought this was my nuclear flame out ride…legs burning, legs not cooperating, and less than nice words coming out of my mouth. But…made it - just barely. That last sprint almost took me out. Tomorrow should be very interesting (painful).

6 Likes

Merci !

6/7 done and on to the final stage. I did this one before breakfast and, having just read this -

… a few minutes in the TBTITW peloton and it was all I could think about especially with the height of the camera and suddenly, I wasn’t hungry any more…

5 Likes

Well that’s me done chasing nuclear values in Level mode (no way I would have survived ERG)

8 Likes

Same here Sir, one hour carb intake, 1hr Power Nap, carbs and proteeins in … still done. Very interesting Stage tomorrow. See you on the starting line

4 Likes

6 was glorious. You know that feeling when you’ve suffered and your teeth start to hurt (this feeling for me is a prelude to needing a bucket)? Thanks For The Suffering.

Let’s get at it again tomorrow!

4 Likes

Definitely got the beard game going! One more stage (well three awesome rides) to go!

4 Likes