Tos stage 1 - open! - official thread

Nice one, @all. Is it too early for the victory party? :partying_face:
What? six stages left?.. Oh, boyā€¦

Donā€™t let Grunter know, but is anybody else feeling pretty great after the first stage? :shushing_face:

3 Likes

Go Go Go!!! Suffer, Suffer, Suffer!!!

Stage 1 done. 10 minute break between Joyride and Cobbler. The two seemed to compliment one another. The last 10 minutes of low cadence grinding in Cobbler were as much a mental battle as a physical one. Ride well and suffer with honour everyone!

5 Likes

Stage 1 done. Great combination although cobbles on last section need to be relaid

12 Likes

And away we go!

4 Likes

Two wins on the cobbles today - adding $10 for each to my donation page! My wife doesnā€™t understand why Iā€™m so happy about winning a rock!

14 Likes

Youā€™ll love it!

1 Like

stage 1 complete, legs are toast but i cant help but think that paris roubaix missed a trick in not calling the named section john degen cobble.

7 Likes

Stage 1 done! Not yet uploaded to Strava yetā€¦ Been a while now ā€¦ Iā€™m assuming the suf servers are working overtime at the moment!

4 Likes

Stage 1 doneā€¦great start to ā€œthe tourā€ā€¦however tomorrow might be a different story!

Team Cobra Strike (UK) have completed Stage 1, all riders made it through ok with minimal ā€œmechanicalsā€.

Weā€™re feeling fired up for this, and strong. Not sure how strong weā€™ll feel after 9H tmrw but for now we can bask in the glory of our suffering.

DT

4 Likes

Iā€™ve had the same issue, Iā€™m glad Iā€™m not alone!

1 Like

Nice work team!!! See a couple of you are still going

3 Likes

As a new rider on Sufferfest I had not had the pleasure of riding either of these workouts until today. I was really dreading cobbler but I feel really good right now.

Keep pushing everyone!!

8 Likes

Stage 1 done. Was aiming for nuclear option but Cobbler killed that dream. The last segment I had to dial it down. But as GVA says, better to have tried and failed than sat and eaten donuts!!

9 Likes

Same here, finished nearly two hours ago. Joyride uploaded fairly quickly but still waiting for Cobbler.

2 Likes

Stage 1 done! The tempo sections of work on Cobbler after the full snot efforts of Joyride were a real test of willā€¦ things a bit slow uploading from S/fest to Strava thoughā€¦too much traffic on the Server perhaps??

3 Likes

That was the longest I have ever spent on the bike, but managed to get through it.

Cobbler really is a test of mental toughness, especially with all the low cadence efforts during the 3rd interval.

Hope everyone makes it through to the end.
Nick

10 Likes

Yeah Joyride up but Cobbler has not made it to Strava or Training Peaks @David.McQuillen.KoS

1 Like

Great first day. Felt pretty good even on Nuclear but feel like Iā€™m just being ā€˜soften upā€™ for the (9) hammer blow tomorrow

2 Likes