Citizens of Sufferlandria Tour 2024 Race Village

Hear ye Hear ye! Let the shenanigans begin!!!

Here be THE race village for ALL Citizens of Sufferlandria to share our exploits, plans for cycling world domination and any other brilliant ideas we might later regret.

If you haven’t registered yet, or if you’ve already registered as an individual come and join us, we won’t won’t bite though we are champing at the bit to CRUSH the Wahooli’ans.

I’ll start.

Stage 1 of The Sufferlandrian route opens with Blender, which at any other time is a glorious, guarantee of suffering for 1:41:47. The erm…Other Route opens with The Best Way is Blended, a lovely SUF mashup for 1:03:43. BUT…TBWIB does NOT appear in the SUF route for 2024. I can NOT let that go so, let it be known that for Stage 1 of the Tour 2024, I shall do both, in KoS fashion, with no more than 10 minutes between.

My CoS bib

18 Likes

10 minutes??? 10 minutes??? Slacker!

6 Likes

My plan (?) is to do both routes. I’ll start with Blender on day 1a in one of the timezone and TBWIB+TDU4 the day after.
Something like that.
I haven’t checked for timezones and such, there will be a lot of improvisation in my ToS CoST :v:

See you on the starting line!

8 Likes

Lazy, sure - but it is the Knighthood standard…

5 Likes

Awww, you guys know me so well :hugs:

6 Likes

Since you brought up Blender, I have a critically important question that perhaps one of the Citizens can help me with…

What exactly are “pain shakes”?

Are they like a Couchlandrian milkshake except that they are made in a blender using a Sufferlandrian concoction of the highest quality cabbage and other special ingredients, or do they describe the involuntary quivering in one’s legs muscles brought on by doing those wretched high power-low recovery interval sets?

I suppose both options could be correct. It would be most helpful if I got some opinions fairly soon as I will be stocking up on ingredients to support my nutrition strategy for the Tour, and as of right now, I am completely out of cabbage.

5 Likes

@Steve_Q. Steve. What are you even talking about, man. Cabbage? Edible food?

At a MINIMUM you need broken glass and nails over a base of frozen laser goat milk.

OIG1

:yum:

9 Likes

Mmmm. Pain shakes. :drooling_face:

6 Likes

Aaah, I see!

So would that be for pre-workout to get you in the right frame of mind or would it be more of a post-workout (non)recovery drink?

Training nutrition is such a complex field.

2 Likes

Given context and GvA’s input, i would class pain shakes as a post-ride “recovery”/celebratory thing. “Pain shakes for everyone!”

Oh, also requires a water infusion from the lactic acid sea…for the sodium, I’d imagine.

5 Likes

I always treated pain shakes as on-bike nutrition but hey, I guess there’s never really a bad time to have em

2 Likes

I did some additional research that I think proves you may be onto something Sir @Glen.Coutts. We’ll see this again soon, hahaha (evil sounding laugh) :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

I do know a thing or two about a thing or two :wink:

1 Like

Looks like a cabbage and garlic smoothie. Probably an acquired taste. Small wonder that most Sufferlandrians train on their own… as if they had a choice :nauseated_face:

5 Likes

Shall we set up a Discord channel, so anyone riding can sit in the channel and chat to ither Citizens who are riding or just popping in to provide support?

4 Likes

Ok, Ive set one up anyway
This link is valid for 7 days. Feel free to sign up.

5 Likes

As part of my training plan, I’ve just suffered through ‘Reveal the Path’ which is 3 fellas showing you their holiday photos from expensive, bespoke trips while philosophising about what an existential struggle it all was + a close up of a chicken being killed.

I would like to humbly suggest that this could be played continuously at the flogging stations from now on as I’m not sure I’ve ever suffered through anything more, the chicken part came as something of a relief to be honest.

100% will never willingly do this ride again.

12 Likes

Bet you never wished to be a chicken before :smile:

2 Likes

I’m getting an invalid invite response at the moment Dame Lisa, too soon ?

@DameLisa …our technonerd par excellence!

KiwiKiwiBirdGIF

:heart:

4 Likes