Tos stage 1 - open! - official thread

Stage 1 underway in NZ:
[@lisas_nz on Twitch](I’m live on Twitch, come hang out! Twitch)

5 Likes

I had to upload mine from passport - click on cobbler, share button, then select Strava - went through immediately

2 Likes

This looks INSANE FUN! Call me mad, but being a Scot I relish this suffering. Best the 'fest brings its A-game :dark_sunglasses:

2 Likes

Just survived stage one, ready for nine hamers as a recovery ride :frowning:

2 Likes

Don’t tell Dylan, but I cheated on Joyride: I had a teammate!

For her first ever SUF experience, Abby joined me for Joyride and the first section of Cobbler before I sent her to go stretch and recover.

Edit: During Joyride she was singing along to “Here She Comes”, swinging her ponytail back and forth shouting “Here I come! Here I come! Here I come!”

Day 1 done. Long live Paris-Roubaix…pretty sure Cobbler is my new favourite video!

19 Likes

So I was faking it pretty well in the top picture, pre-Joyride. Second picture was post-Joyride–much more accurate picture of how I really feel about the ToS this year. Was too drained after Cobbler to do more than crawl off the bike. Stage 1 done. Why did I ever think this was a good idea? I need a nap!

14 Likes

I was kind of assuming this would feel like a bit more of a cruise having completed my Knighthood quest two weekends ago. It took surprising mental fortitude to keep on keeping on in Cobbler. Joyride was a lovely little stinger to kick things off.

For anyone curious about KoS - just imagine doing Cobbler for about another 6hrs or so…

7 Likes

2 down 9 to go! Cobbler was great! I’m glad that was my first time otherwise I might’ve dreaded knowing about the low cadence stuff…
Also…I know I sweat a bunch but has anybody had their bike sweat before?
Also, also, that was the longest I’ve ever sat under sustained power and per mileage, the farthest I’ve ever ridden!!!
Congrats to everyone that has finished!

5 Likes

Happy Suffering!

Being a Techno Numpty I posted my bragging in the wrong thread so I’ll try again.

Stage 1 completed with help from my youngest who managed a distance of 40km on Cobbler. Banned him from 9 Hammers as he’s starting to show me up!

9 Likes

Well done everyone!!! Loving hearing all the post Stage 1 debriefs and checking out the photos!

I rode Joyride hard out, forgot how hard it is, whoops! So dialed back Cobbler. Have to take the kids for a fun run shortly so am relieved I took it easy. As easy as one can for over an hour on cobbles followed by a track sprint finish :muscle:t2:

Loyal Mr Todd kept me company the whole time! Thanks to everyone who popped onto Twitch to provide moral support, especially Sir Mike who stayed the whole 2+ hours!!!

7 Likes

Ready!

7 Likes

Huzzah!

2 Likes

You’ll both do great. More importantly, have fun!

1 Like

I was in your boat last year. I didn’t have a clue what I was getting into and I loved it!

3 Likes

What a difference few little cobbles make! :joy: :crazy_face:

9 Likes

You look - erm - slightly shaken :wink:

5 Likes

Contemplating meaning of life, universe and everything :wink:

3 Likes

ToS Stage 1 - done!
Thankful for my indoor setup, it keeps me riding in the winter months, and The Sufferfest keeps me motivated. This week during ToS, sharing glimpses of my indoor cycling sanctuary, and pictures from past ToS with friends. More to come. Keep riding strong fellow Sufferlandrians!

13 Likes

Day one down! :ok_hand:t2:

1 Like