Official Tour of Sufferlandria 2022 Route Discussion Thread

Sufferlandrians – The route has been revealed. If you missed the live broadcast, you can watch the recording here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbpZfwe1oKU and you can register here!

And, here, I give you the Official 2022 Tour of Sufferlandria Poster, which has the details of the route. Signed prints of the poster will be availble for purchase (donation, actually) through the Davis Phinney Foundation in the next couple of weeks. Stay tuned!

Stage 1: Giro d’Italia Donne 1
Stage 2: The Way Out
Stage 3: The Downward Spiral
Stage 4: The Model (released now as NoVid – as a video right before Tour)
Stage 5: A Very Dark Place
Stage 6: The Best Thing in the World
Stage 7: SUF Idol + Blender + Cash Register

29 Likes

SirD, I thought you liked us all! Now I’m not so sure. This does look like GLORIOUS suffering and you’ve included a few of my favourites

6 Likes

I’m thrilled that GvA threw Downward Spiral in there. I’ve been hoping to see it on the route for the past few years and, as the first ever SUF workout, it really deserved a place on the 10th Anniversary Tour.

11 Likes

Super stoked! And so glad I took the week off from work already! :rofl::rofl::sob::sob:

5 Likes

I’m super happy to see a Pro Ride as Stage 1 (it’s one of only two I’ve not yet ridden), but I’m absolutely terrified of Stage 7!

Rob

5 Likes

I like DS but I ADORE AVDP. My absolute absolute favourite.

5 Likes

Where would we find the link for our bib number creation Sir David?

3 Likes

I’ve heard of folks putting a sarnie in a blender …. but NEVER a blender in a sarnie :exploding_head::boom::bomb::volcano:

2 Likes

They do like us.

It is reverse psychology. The harder you try get people to like you, the less they do. So they figure the more we suffer, the more we will like them.

6 Likes

Enjoy the Tour! Seeing this list I’m both sad and relieved to not participate this year. I would be but am tackling my first marathon in April. The marathon was postponed from 2020, first spring of the pandemic and before I became a sufferlandrian. Priorities and unfinished business. but i’ll be back to join the tour next year.

10 Likes

The Model…. Reference to the Big Black song or the Kraftwerk song? I figure with the NIN references (aka The Downward Spiral) it could be either!

2 Likes

As Sir @Coach.Neal.H says: “You hate how much you love him.”

9 Likes

Will you be publishing a LIVE ride schedule so we can join you?

3 Likes

A truly G.O.A.T. tour! This will be epic!
Will we have the same worldwide time windows? May need that for some travel scheduled that week. Need an illuminated version of that poster for the pain cave!

3 Likes

Downward Spiral AND AVDP?! Nice.

5 Likes

It is not at all obvious how the rides are altered depending on which tour option you pick (except for nuclear).

3 Likes

Agreed! I selected the Focused option (I know that I’d end up injuring myself if I went Nuclear), but I’m unable to determine how the stages are modified. That kind of scares me, as it’s my first tour and I’ve never tried an indoor training load that heavy.

Rob

4 Likes

This is savage and I’m here for all of it.

2 Likes

This is the stage that I can’t get my head around. Wow - that is a tough way to end the tour!

6 Likes