Triathlon Training Plans

I‘m afraid this sounds like a very possible outcome.

Maybe it‘s time to extend the SUF slogan:
You can never leave… because there is nothing out there anymore.

2 Likes

My Tri club had a socially-distant, self-supported sprint event this morning for less than 100 athletes. I’ve been scrolling thru Strava with jealous eyes at their results.

Although, someone in the club said that our bike course is on Rouvy (since it’s used for a lot of other different events). So maybe I could sign up and test myself on that once or twice. Or maybe I’ll just wait until April 2022 to do it in person…

2 Likes

I feel your pain @emacdoug . I began a 12 week tri plan at the start of Jan with the goal of building to a Duathlon at the end of March. My intention was to then start a custom plan for my A-race 70.3 at the end of June.

Well the duathlon got pushed back by 1.5 months. Then I had a bit of an injury, then I got ill for a week. Pools still aren’t open here (though open water was allowed to open a few days ago. But it’s bloody chilly still!) and races are bring cancelled or postponed every day. Even if my race does go ahead I’ll have to travel through a handful of European countries to get there. And if I get there I’m not sure I fancy standing around in the pen waiting for the start with 2k other poeple. They’ll all be fit and healthy, but still…

This sucks!

2 Likes

I’ll vouch for the tri plans too both with and without strength.

Feeling your swim pain as the XTRI I was expecting to be cancelled in early June is now going ahead :scream:

Lochs are still only about 8°C at the moment :cold_face:

1 Like

I’m following the plan ATM, although with no swim as its not achievable here. The ability to offer a swim variation - exercise/strength for swim out of the pool. (too far for open water also)
Also find the strength workouts little and often, short duration and very short exercises too. I don’t feel I’m benefiting from them.