Input needed on custom triathlon training plans

Would love some insight here! I’ve looked at a bunch of online tri plans but they are one size fits all, and I have some bike racing, travel, and mid season events to factor in. I really would like a coach, but can’t swing it financially. So, I’m considering a custom training plan!

I’m training for a 70.3 in August, and have a few Olympic and sprints mixed into my schedule. I also Zwift race once a week, at least for the next couple of months. I’m not equal across all disciplines - my plan is to race the bike and run, but just survive the swim. And I’m fine with that! I want to get better at all 3, but really focus on the bike and run. I’m also a parent of 2 kids who play competitive baseball all across our region, which requires weekend travel and I don’t want to haul the Kickr around, but it does give me the possibility of exploring new places on the bike!

Questions for you all:

• Do you think a custom plan can address the racing, mid season events, and outdoor weekend rides (I don’t want to travel with my Kickr all the time). Like are they more customized than something else I’d get online?
  • Do the custom plans still use the videos in the app (I really like using them)
  • Have you been happy with your custom plan results?
  • Anything else you think I should know?

Thank you!

Hey Eliza,
That sounds like a good strategy for your event and SUFCoaching would love to help you prepare so you can be in the best shape possible when you are on the start line! In answer to your questions:

• Yes we can definitely accommodate your events within a plan and also outdoor weekend rides.
  • Yes we use the Sufferfest to deliver the sessions so you will get plenty of video workouts :slight_smile:
  • I can’t speak for our customers but our plans are popular with many athletes keeping the ongoing the relationship with their coach with a follow up 12 week plan.

If you would like to go with a customised plan, here is what you can expect:

1. Purchase your chosen plan from our webpage
  2. Look out for a confirmation email from suf.coaching@wahoofitness.com. This contains a link to your initial questionnaire so the coaching team can find out more about you and your goals.
  3. Once you have submitted your form, our coaching coordinator will allocate you a coach and send you a link to book your call directly with them.
  4. Have your 30 minute interview call with your coach to discuss your goal and agree on a plan and start date.
  5. Your coach will then go and write up your plan on the TrainingPeaks platform and have it set to go on your agreed start date.
  6. Start your plan and achieve your goal!

Happy to answer any other questions too :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks for the info!

1 Like