(un)Official Adult Recovery Beverages of the Tour of Sufferlandria

don’t wait for stage 7…
my recovery beverages per stage…
Stage 7 is Irish day :joy:
Bourbon is not on my list … yet

9 Likes

Very nice! I have a Trappist beer in the lineup as well, but saving it for the stage on Ash Wednesday…thought it appropriate.

:wink:

3 Likes

Writer’s Tears…excellent choice!

3 Likes

Stage 1 required a ‘tallboy’!

6 Likes

:astonished:

Can’t say I thought to actually break out stage 7…you are committed, sir!

2 Likes

Amen to that!

2 Likes

…ditto

3 Likes

…and respect to Sir @Glen.Coutts for originating this thread. Always thinking of others!

4 Likes

Too bad we can’t all do this together in person… At your house :rofl:

5 Likes

Twas @CPT_A actually. Credit where credit is due :slight_smile:

2 Likes

After stage 2…. enjoying a dram in good company is always better :hugs:

9 Likes

Totally my go-to as well :+1:

5 Likes

Here my goto post stage 2, and the rest of the week. It’s a Canadian pale ale kit I jazzed up with some chocolate malts.
Loving all the" suggestions "in this thread :sunglasses:

8 Likes

MY GOD I EARNED THIS TODAY!

6 Likes

A (very) limited release edition of Pseudo Sue pale ale from Toppling Goliath Brewing Co.

11 Likes

Stage 2 - The Way Out

Ah, The Way Out. From hills with Clara to mountains with Sir Mike. A personal favorite ride, though after S1, not sure my climbing muscles will agree.

My recovery of choice will be a May The Road Rise to Meet Ewe oatmeal stout from Loophole Brewing Company, in collaboration with Northern Ireland’s Baronscourt Brewing.

Because no one makes the road rise like @michael.cotty.

Oh, and of course generous applications of cowbell.

:cow: :bell:

8 Likes

leonardo-di-caprio-you-have-my-attention

So brewer to brewer, what makes a “Canadian Pale Ale”? I am intrigued.

And I ALWAYS want to bottle with the grolsch bottles, but they’re SOOOO expensive here!

:beers: :beers: :beers:

3 Likes

In the recovery-sized pint can. Well played.

:beers: :beers: :beers:

3 Likes

Good question! I wish I knew more but sadly it’s just the name that was on the Tin. "Canadian adventure ale. " pretty certain the Malt in the tin was hopped with goldings, or something close. I don’t think cheaper beer kits exist here than those sold at “the great Canadian superstore” lol.

What is a Canadian pale ale? Minimum five percent, only lightly hoppy for the typical popular Canadian IPAs in my books. But there is so much beer here… I can grab random bin ends of small brewery IPAs and never be disappointed, ranging from lightly to extremely hoppy. Would love to hear fellow Canucks thoughts on this.

The kit yeast wasn’t even labelled. It would have been a fairly light, bland but good pale ale if I made it as is. I have done, and it’s an okay quick cold one in the summer. But, I had a half pound each crystal and chocolate malt left over when I made the kit, so in it went!

I lucked out with my bottles. Got a car trunk full that someone had in their barn…they were cheap, but boy I had some work to do to clean them up!

Sufferfest beer recipes? Add rusty nails and chili peppers to the wort? Or perhaps settle for really dark, dark stout hopped to the max.

3 Likes

:thinking:

Not a stout. Were it my recipe, maybe a porter or black IPA w chili peppers on the back end?

5 Likes