Videos buffering in Wahoo Systm

They are definitely having a problem with their UK servers. Most of us in other parts of the world are having no problems. So hopefully they can sort out their UK server issues, soon.

3 Likes

Hey guys – thanks for all the feedback. Apologies if you’ve experienced any issues. We’re actively looking at this right now and trying to figure out what the problem is. Stay tuned!

8 Likes

Somehow getting worse, today i had tapper efforts on the menu I had to stop completely and restart 4 times as the video didn’t play, but what’s worse neither did the timer start nor the controlling of the trainer. Really sad as I never had these issues before! and Full frontal coming Sunday! :frowning:

1 Like

Good. Because I’m having the same issues too.

1 Like

Same in fact I made a post about this exact thing this evening after truly suffering through The Chores in blocky stutter-jump-freeze-jump-stutt-freeeeeeeze-jump-jump-play-freezing silence for the most part. Trainer worked flawlessly though

I have had similar issues. The first time was when I was trying out different training apps. The problem was solved after I made sure that my Windows 10 machine was fully updated (It was set to update automatically but for some reason it wasn’t).

The second was with the new app. I deleted it and re-installed, and everything was smooth after that. I hope one of these work for you.

1 Like

Woeful and the response from customer services was a corporate shrug and yeah maybe it’ll get fixed one day. We’ll, my patience is at an end and my years of brand loyalty is wasted. I’d waited and waited for an android app and it’s a disaster. Unusable

2 Likes

First time I did a training after dinner and my video didn’t play either.
Normally I train around lunch and didn’t have any problems the last couple of sessions.

It started with a still of a lady:

alternated with some random icon:

Eventually some potato pixels showed up (I think it was cyclocross but not sure :grimacing: )

The cooldown was OK, then I didn’t need it anymore.

Luckily I had my phone with me so I could watch some GCN+. Not a nice way to do revolver (but being annoyed meant great legs apparently, finished without much problems, felt like I could a couple more)

3 Likes

I had exactly the same problem. Doesn’t look like it’s going to get fixed any time soon either. No interest in supporting android and just seems a handy way to scoop up us annual subscribers.

Any one got any recommendations for other platforms or am I going to have to either go to Zwift or just use the Wattbike app which is basically like the old Trainer Road…ah I remember that when you used to have the old Sufferfest videos on Trainer Road. I’d take that over this current situation.

For a long time I’ve downloaded videos ahead of doing a workout. It saves the hassle of steaming issues when you just want to get on and do your workout.

3 Likes

That would be fine if you could actually download them on android.

The download speed it pitiful as well.

It is ruining the whole experience, which is a shame because the content is great

3 Likes

If it’s any consolation, I’m having these video issues on Windows…

I’m 100% not doing this

2 Likes

Fair enough. Even if Wahoo had the perfect streaming service, it helps eliminate issues with your own internet service or something interfering with the wifi signal etc.

1 Like

I run SYSTM on my desktop (top end PC used for Data Analysis, so definitely not a weak point) and use internet via Ethernet cable.

So between the wire connection, and my own internet speed, the issue is definitely Wahoo not pushing, not how well my computer/internet can pull or process.

2 Likes

You should not have to do this. If other services can provide a stable video stream, so should SYSTM.

1 Like

Who said it was SYSTM that was my problem? My wifi can sometimes play up in the pain cave, so for a long time I’ve downloaded videos from Suf to make my life easier.

1 Like

Yeah I do it too - simply because I can, just habit from years ago, when it could’ve been any part of my setup failing me - esp when trying to use paired phones or such like. On windows it’s an easy choice as it’s easy (for me) to plug HDD’s in these days, so I just download the whole lot to a HDD partition and job done.

Appreciate the original post is about videos buffering though.
For what it’s worth, changed my setup and no streaming issues (on iOS) today (in Scotland - only noting in case relevant as there’s been some geography comments)

1 Like

I’m also Scotland (Glasgow, so not exactly ‘rural’), so it’s temperamental.

1 Like