Videos buffering in Wahoo Systm

For a long time I’ve downloaded videos ahead of doing a workout. It saves the hassle of steaming issues when you just want to get on and do your workout.

3 Likes

That would be fine if you could actually download them on android.

The download speed it pitiful as well.

It is ruining the whole experience, which is a shame because the content is great

3 Likes

If it’s any consolation, I’m having these video issues on Windows…

I’m 100% not doing this

2 Likes

Fair enough. Even if Wahoo had the perfect streaming service, it helps eliminate issues with your own internet service or something interfering with the wifi signal etc.

1 Like

I run SYSTM on my desktop (top end PC used for Data Analysis, so definitely not a weak point) and use internet via Ethernet cable.

So between the wire connection, and my own internet speed, the issue is definitely Wahoo not pushing, not how well my computer/internet can pull or process.

2 Likes

You should not have to do this. If other services can provide a stable video stream, so should SYSTM.

1 Like

Who said it was SYSTM that was my problem? My wifi can sometimes play up in the pain cave, so for a long time I’ve downloaded videos from Suf to make my life easier.

1 Like

Yeah I do it too - simply because I can, just habit from years ago, when it could’ve been any part of my setup failing me - esp when trying to use paired phones or such like. On windows it’s an easy choice as it’s easy (for me) to plug HDD’s in these days, so I just download the whole lot to a HDD partition and job done.

Appreciate the original post is about videos buffering though.
For what it’s worth, changed my setup and no streaming issues (on iOS) today (in Scotland - only noting in case relevant as there’s been some geography comments)

1 Like

I’m also Scotland (Glasgow, so not exactly ‘rural’), so it’s temperamental.

1 Like

sad, i get the feeling it’s getting worse, now it’s systematic on every activity! (or should I say SYSTMatic as it only started with the new app/environment for the videos. The sad thing is I’ve been with suff for many years, and super happy, now excited about the new things coming as I want to be able to continue “suffering” (can I still say that?!) but lately the issues are really putting my motivation down. And just to be sure I opened a ticket, and only answer is " known bug" dealing with it with a developer so your ticket is a joint ticket. And the suff app was working perfectly I understand the need for the new one but for existing users maybe they could have kept the old one running even if no longer updated? What changed so much between the video streaming before to now to make it so awful? Sorry for venting a bit, but giving feedback is the best a customer can do! keeping my fingers crossed that a solution will come soon!

2 Likes

@JC2020 - which platform/operating system are you using?

Happy to try and help if I/we(the community) can.
If so, which version of the o/s
If on a desktop windows pc, which graphics card and firmware?

Never know, maybe if we get a common thread through this, it’ll help the minions diagnose?

2 Likes

Very true, but sometimes you have to be pragmatic and just do it. Obviously it’s a very serious issue on Android if downloading is not an option. With OSX or iOS I just download them as a matter of course while I’m getting changed.

This is literally the only thing stopping me from subscribing long term. I waited for the Android app, jumped in and impressed by the content… But have had streaming issues in the pain cave, which I chalked up to WiFi issues (seems possibly not though) and then a yoga vid stalled in the house on the mesh network.

Android needs a download vid option, but also seems there is a problem with whatever servers are pushing content the Ireland or the UK.

You do understand that we’re all paying for this service, yes? A service that includes streamed videos?

It’s like joining a gym and, after a refurbishment, all the treadmills are broken and when you point that out to the manager, she tells you they know they’re broken so you’ll just need to run on the spot in the gym instead… but haven’t the decorators done a nice job on the walls.

7 Likes

For me it’s always been bad, even with the SUF app (and this is on a device which can stream YouTube and Netflix perfectly). The last time I tried streaming an On Location video I didn’t really get to see the location due to the potato quality of the stream.

I gave up on streaming long ago and just downloaded every video for the SUF app - and I’m currently in the process of doing the same for the SYSTM app.

It would be nice if the quality of the streaming service could be improved though, especially with the lack of a download option on Android.

Same issue here.

I thought I’d agreed it was a major issue for anyone relying on streaming i.e. Android users. That would be a show-stopper for me. But if you can download easily, then it’s not a big deal at all unless you choose to make it into one out of principle.

Out of principle of … expecting what we pay for to do what it says it should. Does not seem like a very high bar to expect. Especially when the situation wasn’t anywhere near as bad before the update.

3 Likes

Remember to keep it civil folks :slight_smile: I understand how incredibly frustrating it can be when your suffering is, umm, suffering.

It hasn’t exactly been a buttery smooth transition for everyone so let’s hope the minions can get things sorted for everyone sooner than later.

7 Likes