Wahoo Kickr feels odd

Hmmm, maybe there’s a similar problem with the new wifi kickr

1 Like

Since you have a powermeter, try to use it as the power source. There are discussions on how to do this here in the forums.

Are you riding the Kickr in SYSTM or Zwift? If it’s Zwift what is the trainer difficulty set to?

You reference how your power feels outside, and also how the dura ace power meter altered its reading after calibration. Have you ridden outside since calibrating? Is it possible your dura ace PM was over reading outside and needed calibrating and the Kickr is correct? Also what temperature is the room you are using the Kickr? Although if that was an issue, it would explain the difference between the DA PM and Kickr but not why you feel both are incorrect.

I’m using zwift, and everything is turned off in settings.

No, I haven’t ridden outside but will do that once I get a chance. Dura Ace couldn’t have been overrreading outside because I compared it with my SRM powermeter on the same climbs and segments, and the power was roughly the same.

Room temperature is around 17/18°C

OP has a Kickr not the Kickr Bike, reviews of the new Kickr have been positive, Dura Ace power meters on the other hand…

1 Like

‘A rider with two power meters never knows what their FTP is.’

I’ll second JGreengrass on the DA PM being known to be somewhat wack.

2 Likes