Wahoo Rival V2

I was thinking about a Rival for just sports (with my fenix as daily driver) as my Stryd on the fenix kinda is a mess and in the pool the garmin frequently likes to mess up the lengths with no way to edit/correct them.

But it sounds like the Rival won’t be the right choice after all?

@roland It is a good option if you want to stay in the Wahoo ecosystem. Today there is a sale in the US and perhaps other countries. I use it and while there are some things I would like to have improved it works well day to day for running, hiking, strength workouts and does a decent job of tracking steps and sleep.

1 Like

Well I kinda am in the Garmin and Wahoo Environment.

So I’d keep my fenix as daily driver. I just want something with proper native stryd support and hopefully better swimming pool support. But coros might be an option too at a not so different price point.

Regarding wellness I’m happy with my Oura Ring so that won’t matter to me on a watch.

1 Like

HRV: I don’t think the optical HR will produce good enough RR readings for good HRV values. They could check this box, but I’m not interested if it’s not based on good data.

My 2 remaining MUST-HAVES for the Rival:

1. :heart: Resting HR: Just give me my lowest 1 minute HR in a rolling 24 hour period!

2. :running_man: Systm Structured Running Workouts: They’re written out in Wahoo Systm but not available in Wahoo’s watch. Cycling workouts in Systm are available on my Wahoo bike computer.

5 Likes

@jfc Yeah, I could probably settle for just Resting HR. When my body goes awry both it and HRV follow.

4 Likes

Yeah I’ve had to go in and create a “sleep” workout that I run overnight to “track” my sleep, then I can get meaningful HR data. No reason they couldn’t give us access to that info through the always-on tracker, beyond the (fairly useless) Full Day HR bar graph and (slightly less useless) Sleep pie chart.

1 Like