Wahoo Wednesdays | Share your feedback with the SYSTM team | November 10th 2021

The thing that keeps me away from Zwift is the poor trainer control. The graphics are great, it connects to all my devices, etc. but it’s stupid how it’s either got me darn near coasting or climbing mount everest. Maybe people have better luck with better and newer trainers, (I’ve got a Cycleops Magnus). It’s pretty demoralizing when there’s virtual joggers passing me though and I’m in zone 5 doing 4 mph at what it says is 300 watts but feels like 800 watts. That’s just plain stupid. At least SYSTM power levels are very similar to real cycling.

1 Like

Zwift … In setting turn trainer resistance down, it levels the world out, also make sure you weight is set correctly, find Zwift trainer control to be spot on, but I don’t have BT issues with System either

1 Like

From what I’ve seen, ALL the SYSTM Training plans are set up so weekend rides can be done either indoors or outdoors now depending on your preference. The weekend intervals are very simple so you can write them down or remember them or quickly build the session into your head unit if you wish to ride outdoors. OR you can switch to the equivalent ‘no vid’ and ride it indoors instead. I like that there is a choice. Sometimes weather is foul. 2 hours indoors isn’t that bad. Chuck on a cool movie in the background and run the session in mini player mode :ok_hand:

Also, by ant+ and video streaming experience has been faultless. Are you sure you’ve got the most up to date version of the app? Worth updating as I know a few issues for those 2 things were updated in the latest updates.

For plans for over 50s, one typically incorporates more rest. For you, there are two choices at the moment:

1. Chose a 2:1 week ratio for your plan rather than standard 3:1 work:rest ratio
  2. Choose low or medium rather than high hours per week.
    Both choices are available for all plans now I believe.

Re your increased HR issue. I bet you lost fitness while using other programmes for a couple of months. Maybe re do Full Frontal and ride on more up to date numbers.

4 Likes

That should be the Level 1 support answer to any question ever posed about SYSTM, or anything really.

Hello Support, my refrigerator light is flickering and I’m not sure if I should just tighten it up a bit or change it.

Support: have you redone Full Frontal?

6 Likes

Given all the analytics at your disposal and the enhancement over FTP of the results provided by the full frontal and 4DP assessment, I’d love to see a more analytical report on progress than simply achieving some badges. Garmin connect will give me my V02 rating etc, Strava will measure my Relative effort and provide progress over time… it’d be great to have the Wahoo SYSTM provide me with a report back on progress being made as training plans, activities are performed based on my 4DP profile.

6 Likes

yes please :slight_smile:

1 Like

Actually Wahoo tech support is phenomenal and very helpful with resolving tech issues. You’d probably save yourself so much time and angst if you worked with them to resolve your issues. Some of their solutions seem really labour intensive, but it’s worth the effort and you’ll learn a lot about how to customise how things are set up for you.

Re the lack of realism in Zwift, I agree, it’s rubbish and why I ride RGT when I’m looking for an outdoors indoors group riding experience.

2 Likes

I’m going to sneak one in here before @gpsjared realises that it’s Wednesday again and closes it…

Firstly, loving Systm. I’m 2/3rds of the way through AWW Neal. Legs not quite fried yet, but the velodrome is tomorrow so, you know… Plus, I have a plan for the ProRides. Lets just say that it’s s going to be an intense week running up to Christmas.

And, a request - could you think about some shortcut keys for browsing within the app itself? I tend to use the keyboard way more than the mouse. Alt-Left for instance is a pretty common shortcut to go back a page in a browser (in windows at least). That would be neat if it worked in the app too - particularly since now there are more ‘levels’ to the app than there was previously. Going forwards again would require remembering where you were, but it make the gui more browsable, at least in my eyes.

Cheers!

L

2 Likes

Like others, I don’t have this problem either. I’ve used SYSTM on a PC, Mac and iPad. All three remember previous connections. When I change bikes or heart rate monitors, it remembers both and connects to the current one. While I don’t know what’s causing the problems for you, one simple thing to check is to make sure that the old Sufferfest app is fully closed (perhaps deleted) to make sure it’s not interfering. I’m wondering if there’s an old Sufferfest data file that lists connnections that might be getting in the way.

1 Like

Have you tried uninstalling the app from your pc then reinstalling it. This has solved my problems with ERG not working.

3 Likes

:raising_hand_man:

I just rode 4.5 hours on my trainer last Saturday. And I’m planning on doing a second KOS attempt on Friday even tho I already succeeded on my first one last year. But I admit I may be in the minority. :wink:

But you can take just about any workout outside, especially the No-vid workouts. Most no-vids have full descriptions that you can easily use outside.

And if you are finding your long no-vids are showing up during the week, you may want to try to delete and re-apply your training plan. Try adjusting the start date or end date and preview the plan before you apply it to see what day your rides are being scheduled for. I definitely adjust the start dates on mine to make sure all my long no-vid rides are on Fri & Sat.

2 Likes