Which Level for FF?

Can anyone help?
When doing FF you use level mode but…I’m not sure what’s the difference between the levels!
Is it like being in a different gear to start with??
How do you choose which level to use??
What sort of effect does it have on the results?

2 Likes

Hi @Christine-B. Have you read this thread SUF Support Tips: All about Level Mode

2 Likes

Hi there - see that article posted above.
Simply put though - Levels are just different levels of resistance - so yes, you could equate that to a gear as well. L0 easiest, L9 hardest
When it comes to FF, suggestion is to pre-ride a few times in Level mode - just any ride but set it to level mode. Get used to what level you prefer that matches your gearing you like to use on the bike you have on your trainer.
For what it’s worth, I only need L1 to do my 5s sprints if using a big gear on the bike. Or I can choose to be further up the cassette and use L3. For 5min/20min it almost doesn’t matter … I usually am in L1 and then it’s all done by changing gear as needed …

In summary, unless one is super strong and needs a high level to go with a big ring and small sprocket, it doesn’t really matter that much I don’t think as we just use oure bike gears.

6 Likes

+1 for Sir Martin. I have just done FF using level 2 having done Primers day before in Level mode for some testing.

2 Likes

Many thanks. It’s as I thought but wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something!

1 Like

Good luck for your Full Frontal, the advice and encouragement on here certainly helped me

1 Like