Which trainer are you using?

Wahoo Kickr17
As mentioned above about monitor down Low. I keep mine Just below handelbar level. Not intencional but was the Best place to put the screen, and infact it work fine, as when riding outdoors you’re looking ahead and down the road not up

3 Likes

Its not good for riding form and was hastily organized as a temporary setup several months ago. Probably, time for me to scrounge up a wee table.

The MacMini is great. Very reliable and still performs a server function in the house.

3 Likes

Saris H3 with my Trek Emonda ALR6. Quite happy with it thus far.

3 Likes

So many amazing looking bikes.

Martin.

1 Like

I’ve had a number of trainers over the past 5 years. Started on an Elite Qubo Fluid. It was cheap, and got me started in Sufferfestering (is that a word?).

Then a Kickr gen 1. I hated it, because it recorded a much lower power than my Stages power meter. Turns out I’m left leg dominant. The Stages was rather generous as a result.

Next up was a set of Elite V-Arion rollers which I really liked, but my downstairs neighbor hated. So I bought a STAC Zero, which I upgraded to a Halcyon. It was super quiet, reliable. I’d still be using it if my new bike would fit on it.

I replaced that with a new Kickr this year. The newest Kickr is great, responsive and the power output tracks comparably with my Vector pedals.

Sadly I lost my pain cave temporarily, our grandson moved back home, due to Covid unemployment. So he’s using it as a bedroom. I’m riding exclusively outdoors for the time being. Interesting trying to do HIIT on my commute.

5 Likes

Don’t have the budget or kit that some obviously have…but lucky to have a garage in which I can leave everything setup and a trusty Wattbike Atom ! As you can see it’s a functional ‘working’ garage where space is at a premium (this is the tidy version…before it become more ‘lived-in’ - but it works for me fine and everything can be put close at hand if I need food/water etc.

10 Likes

Kickr with Kickt Climb

And the LifeFitness IC7Bike as well

2 Likes

I use the Hammer M2. It’s a wheel on smart trainer. It does a great job and at about 2/3rd the price of direct drives.

1 Like

I use the Lemond Revolution for most interval work - for low cadence, and some pedaling I use REVBOX

1 Like

Tacx Neo 2T here. Road feel, ERG and resistance are great, except… It is of 5-10% from my trusted Favero Duos… That forces me into having Indoor FTP and Outdoor FTP. Not really convenient when all of it goes to the same place - TrainingPeaks. But it is what it is - at least it works flawlessly via BT to my iMac.
Would be great one day to have Sufferfest Power Match, to avoid this kind of discrepancy.

1 Like

Tacx Neo / Elite Nero

5 Likes

That’s what I’ve done, waiting till October for delivery

1 Like

Just recently got a 'Core, having hovered over three different out of stock options (TACX Flux-S, Directo and the Core) and the Core came back in stock first. Prior to that though, a TACX Bluematic for a few years and a Tacx Booster for just a few weeks until I could get the Kickr as the resistance on the Bluematic seemend to be getting weaker and was no longer enough (or barely) for the standing start sprints. The boy had an Elite powermag which we hardly ever used.

Not overly impressed with the durability of the TACX ones to be honest and hoping the Kickr is more sturdy.

As for a picture … no I’m sorry, everybody elses are too nice, mine looks like an episode of hoarders!

3 Likes

Tacx Flux 2 and I love it. Just upgraded from a wheel on and it’s like night and day different, much smoother pickup, WAY more accurate power and cadence and so much quieter it’s nuts. Outdoor pain cave during lockdown has been a winner too, except when it thinks about raining…!
(Being upside down just makes the suffering more intense)

6 Likes

KickR 2019 with climb & headwind

3 Likes

Kickr and Tickr

4 Likes

Yep, my Atom is by desk as well.

5 Likes

Kickr Snap in the basement for me. I share the pain cave with my kids’ game room. Love my Snap!

4 Likes

Tacx Neo Gen 1
Trek Madone 2014

6 Likes

Love all these setups, great to see everyone’s stuff… so close to pulling the trigger on a Wattbike though

:crazy_face:

3 Likes