Which trainer are you using?

Stages SC3

3 Likes

I use a Concept2 BikeErg with PM5 head unit, TICKR FIT arm strap, and Sufferfest app on an iPad Pro, sync to Strava and Garmin after.

It’s a really simple setup and I’m happy that it is so easy to get riding. I just started with the Sufferfest earlier this month and love the workouts + structure instead of just spinning and watching Netflix.

I think this is my favorite setup, having tried these in the past going back to the late 90s -

Wahoo Kickr and Zwift.
Peloton
Lemond Revolution with Spinvervals then TrainerRoad
Low end mag then fluid trainers and Spinervals DVDs!

4 Likes

A Kickr Snap

5 Likes

For the win!

1 Like

Tacx Neo (1st generation). Has been working great for 2 years now with very little maintenance needed. I also have a Stanley High Velocity Blower Fan to keep me functioning when it gets warmer and a music stand that holds my laptop.

1 Like

Kickr here!!

1 Like

CycleOps(Saris) Hammer the original, since i joined sufferfest. Works well for me.

1 Like

I have an Elite Suito, which was replacing a Tacx Vortex quite dumb trainer.
Unfortunately the Paincave is exploded (it’s the garage where I never park) due to construction on going and acting as material storage. Luckily it’s summertime, can go out a lot, but I’ll need tor reset the cave soon.

1 Like

Argon18 E116 bike on Elite Direto+. Also own a dumb old Elite Crono which my families uses.

1 Like

-Kinetic Road Machine with Power Control unit
-Lemond Reno
-Ipad with a handlebar mount

Been riding with Sufferfest since the download days and continue to love it. My wife thinks I’m nuts. She may have a point.

4 Likes

I’m on Elite Suito and similar relationship, specially with the spindown

1 Like

CycleOps H2, Laptop, ‘Custom PVC Desk’ (that I made with my 6 year old son). Assioma Duo and a Wahoo Bolt. The yellow ‘Max Air’ is a box fan from the garage that has worked pretty well. The platform I got for free, but works nice to get the bike level and soak up the sweat.

4 Likes

bkool from 2014

2 Likes

Wahoo kickr… Amazing traîner ! A d sometimes my tacx antares rollers image|666x500

3 Likes

I’m using a Elite Suito. Before I was using a Elite Digital Smart B+.
The Suito had to be replaced after 3 month of suffering, cracking noise und defect flywheel…

2 Likes

Inside Ride E-motion rollers with the new smart resistance unit. I’m not sure I could go back to riding any sort of fixed trainer after using these. It feels so close to the actual feel of riding outside.

6 Likes

@way9e0 How is the noise level?

1 Like

@Sir_Brian_M, I think the noise level is pretty reasonable. It’s not silent, but I don’t have to turn up the volume too much to hear the music clearly. I don’t have any other modern trainers to compare it to, sorry.

1 Like

Kickr snap - working brilliantly with MacBook and vintage plasma TV…although kids have currently kicked me out and am set up in carport brrrrrrrrr!!

2 Likes

Bkool Pro, black one. Slow in changing power, about 10-15 sec when increasing, decreasing the trick is to stop pedalling just a 1/10 of sec and it immediately drops, if not it might hang on to the power level one were supposed to drop from :wink:
ANT+

2 Likes