Winter Kit Ideas

And when you refer to boots…

Maybe these are for the wrong kind of cycling? :smile:

If it’s cold enough for those, I’ll probably ride with the garage door closed.

3 Likes

Tried multiple overshoes, but later switched to winter cycling boots (Fizik Artica R5 for road cycling / Shimano MW7 for Touring/MTB) - and now the problems with freezing toes or wet feet do not exist anymore. Besides, the boots mentioned are quite well isolated from above and they are both wind- and water-resistant. These Fizik’s are quite comfortable (to my taste!) down to -5…-7 C (never ridden under that temperature) and Shimano’s were ok till -15 C (thick socks are must ofc).

Now thinking on some “liner-type” merino gloves to wear under Mavic Ksyrium gloves, due to my fingers are freezing quite easy.

3 Likes

They definitely do help!

I have toe warmers, light booties, and heavy booties that come down when it’s cod AF.

The toe warmers and light booties get a fair amount of wear. The heavy booties usually come out when it’s really cold but little chance of it being icy out. I’m likely going to err more on the side of caution as far as that’s concerned now, especially since I have a pretty solid indoor training setup.

2 Likes

Invest in your baselayers.
All the waterproof jackets and overshoes are all singing all dancing but they will leak.
Top notch baselayers will keep you warm when that happens.
Thats thr best advice I can give if its not already been said

2 Likes

I just had an ad pop up saying Assos had a new winter collection. I really like their bibs so thought I’d take a look…

£575 :-o it better be heated and self drying for that kinda cash!!

3 Likes

Could buy a new bike frame for that !!

3 Likes

Have you tried La passione?? I’ve been told their deep winter kit is top notch, I’m planning to get some myself as i find it hard to get half decent water resistant/warm bib tights.

3 Likes

I don’t ride outside in the rain in the winter. Sounds like a terrible idea.

I do this for fun and exercise not for a job. If the weather is trash I’m either riding the trainer or doing something else.

2 Likes

Sane here :slight_smile:

Edit: that was obviously meant to be “same here” but probably an apt Freudian slip :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve seen their ads, I’ll check them out! Ta

2 Likes

BTW - I think they are Italian sizing so may be get 2 sizes to try - I’ve read a few feedbacks saying they won’t take responsibility for damage kit if you try to squeeze into a M if you are a L etc.

1 Like