12 week Gravel plan starts Sunday Jan 2 - so which day should I 4DP?

Basically what the title says! I have been doing strength training, a little bit of spinning, and some outdoor sanity rides on weekends. Finally looked at the calendar and that first race is sooner than I thought. I need to start the plan January 2! The plan does not include 4DP. So, when should I test? January 1 maybe? I gotta get ready mentally!! TIA

1 Like

This is a bit of a pickle. The 10th Annual Tour of Sufferlandria runs from Feb 27 to March 5 and training plans have been added to SYSTM that start Jan 3.

If you are dead set on doing the Gravel plan and missing the tour you won’t be judged (you will be judged :wink: ) Most plans start off fairly easy so you could likely get prepped for FF now, do FF on Sunday then continue with your plan.

Tapers today, Recharger or easy 30 min spin Thursday, day off Friday, Primers Saturday and FF Sunday.

1 Like

Thx @Glen.Coutts ! Yeah, dead set on the gravel plan. We have some fun, and big (for me personally) gravel races around my neck of the woods starting in late March every year. So, the February Tour doesn’t fit well with that.
Most years (been doing this 5-6 years now) I take a few weeks to get used to giving big efforts on the trainer prior to the test; also make sure I have no trainer or IT issues. I let the time get away from me this year!!

2 Likes

relatable.

That said, the whole point of FF is to give you a point-in-time snapshot of your current metrics. If you take the test Sunday, your training plan will be tailored to where you are at atm. As you progress through the plan, you can always do a HM check in, adjust intensity up if you’re feeling you are making gains faster than the plan is adjusting, or just hunker down and follow the plan as designed (pretty sure there’s a 6 week HM).

1 Like

If you’re well enough rested, then get Primers done on the 30th, and hit FF on the 31st?

Great to have specific goals !!

Also keeps you away from wrecking yourself in February

1 Like

Hey @jackriddle2 ,
As the others have stated, FF this week. Pick a day that’ll work best for you, then get er done!

Cheers,
Spencer

2 Likes