15 Minute Strength Sessions

An efficient but thorough 5 minute warm up/cool down would be great. Yoga has its place but when I’m in a hurry I really don’t have time/get any benefit from breathing exercises or body scanning which is literally half of some of the yoga videos

I got to int level 6 and don’t find it impossible. I feel some time could be saved with shorter recoveries between similar exercises

Here is next week’s plan. Arrows to show changes I’ll make to better time balance.

1 Like

Some of us want longer recoveries between similar exercises.
It just shows how there are clusters of athletic needs.

Granted, it is easier to stop the video for a longer recovery than skip part of the recovery.

2 Likes

All of what you mentioned above, 15’ lower body, 15’ core, 15’ upper body and 15’ full body is already in Abi’s arsenal of 15’ SUF yoga routines.

2 Likes

But I cannot do a sizeable number of yoga moves

I find the yoga and strength sessions to be very different and complementary.

Can you really achieve any meaningful strength gains in a 15 minute session?

Your warmup for a decent lifting session should be at least 15 minutes in itself - with glute / core activation, skill work and any mobilization and potentiation you need to do. I can rarely get in and out of a gym in less than an hour and a half it I’m actually lifting at capacity.

I don’t know. The SUF strength sessions are really more in the realm of mobility and core work. With only an 1 hour to 1:30 to train on weekdays, shorter with high impact is better.

Love the idea. I’m time crunched, spending 45 minutes of the 1-1.5 hours of time I have during the week to train on yoga and strength is not ideal.

3 Likes