2022 GOALS - with a Personality Quiz to Help

BBBBB

I know where I stand!

As an aside, for anyone scoring the same and don’t know it, try reading Quiet by Susan Cain. It’s superb.

9 Likes

I’m late but pretend it’s Monday…
Big goal is to do either a real century in one day first time ever over gravel or, more realistically, indoors one day this year. Secondary is to just do full frontal and hit the same targets or better. Thirdly or firstly, just stay sane and healthy one more year as covid drags on.

Edit p. S. No matter how many times I did the myersBriggs back in the day, always an intj.! While it’s certainly limited, it certainly has side helpful (along with the not so Helpful ) truisms. So not surprising where I came out on Mondays goal refining. Love this thread!

1 Like

@Glen.Coutts & @titanicus YES! These questions will be adaptations from a few different personality questionnaires as a way to help us understand how to potentially modify our goals. Not to be taken too seriously- but a fun way to interact about our new year aspirations!

2 Likes

@joob83 BOOM! Dominated the SMART approach! I love it. Are you incorporating all 4 starting now or phasing them into your schedule?

@kevcronin Ah yeah!!! I share your love of swimming, cycling, and running- the majority of my serious training was triathlon.

Your goals and time-frames sound exciting and realistic. Are you following any specific training programs or attend any group training sessions?

@leebo! Bah! Well at least it is clear the ideal way for you to create your goals. And thank you for sharing you book recommendation!

@SupaSarge Congrats on your successful climbing in the Fred Whitton… and I will be excited to hear about your future domination.

1 Like

Sir @SupaSarge has some GREAT pics from that event too. Looked gloriously miserable!

1 Like

@SupaSarge Please share!

1 Like

Well, he shared these two with me so imma share them here with you. If I’ve overstepped Sir Giles @SupaSarge lemmeno and I’ll delete. I just LOVE these pics.

17 Likes

@SupaSarge These are absolutely stunning! You are a flipping rockstar! You did not touch down?!?! Impressive.

5 Likes

Right! But his time was “meh, pants” lol! I think he needs a lesson in celebrating his own success!

2 Likes

My first 100 mile ride. My local club has a 100 mile ride in August each year up the seacoast. It’s a beautiful route but I’ve only done the 50 mile route. I want this year to be the year I take on the whole thing!

6 Likes

Sweet! You’ll never forget your first Century ride.

1. To break 21:30 for 10 mile time trial this season
  2. To break 57:00 for 25 mile time trial this season

Currently may be lucky to do any TTs but it’s something to aim for.

B’s all the way!

6 Likes

@coach.jinger.g yep, all 4 in one go already with a first week try and adapt

That’s some serious speed you’re aiming for!

I just looked this event up… My knees hurt just looking at the profile. Hats off to you sir!

2 Likes

As ever, a contradictory mix of A’s and B’s for me with ‘both’ being realistic answers for some of the questions :slight_smile:

Main goal for this year is top 10 in our local evening/night cyclocross series. 5 races over consecutive weeks in September/October. Managed 19th last year including missing 1 race, so top 10 is realistic for this year as long as I don’t crash and put myself in hospital (as I have in both previous attempts to complete the series). In addition to Systm training, I’m going to get some skills training on both MTB and cross bike.
Getting weight down to 79Kg by July is secondary goal. 1kg per month should be achievable.

4 Likes

It’s 15s off my prev best 10m and 1 minute off my 25m best. I never felt I really got a decent 25m last (first!) season, so target is a bit more ambitious. It’s also probably overly ambitious given my current fitness and more limited training time!

2 Likes