2023 Sufferlandrian National Day (Oct 29th)

It has been 6 years since the last Sufferlandrian National Day - well before my time.

With the Tour going international, a truly Sufferfest style event is needed badly.

So why not organise one for this year?

Let’s pick a date: How about the last Sunday in October: 2023-10-28T23:00:00Z?

It gives us some time to organise the rest and it ties in with the start of the indoor season North :earth_americas: , or the end of it South :earth_asia: .

As for the suffering:

• @David.McQuillen.KoS could mash up a nice workout from Sufferfest videos since Kitchen Sink,
  • @RGT could create a Mt Sufferlandria :volcano: that would take the average rider 2 to 3 hours to complete (6,666ft at 6% would do the trick),
  • or we could simply ride Kitchen Sink that day. I’d call that the backup plan.

Who’s in?

45 Likes

Amen! And someone from Wahoo who still knows what they’re doing should plan it. Bring it all back. @David.McQuillen.KoS remembers!

Yeah, Kitchen Sink would work. Though having a Mt Sufferlandria climb might actually get me to try RGT.

:+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2:

9 Likes

Following :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Sounds like a good plan. I have been missing a lot of SUF things and sadly with the change of the ToS to the God-forsaken-named Tour, it is really shoving everything SUF into the background…

3 Likes

only if you let it Sir. You can never leave :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Fortunately, I have returned to Sufferlandria after wandering too far at the borders.
Amen to that :smiley:

3 Likes

+1 from me :+1::+1: :slight_smile::slight_smile: :+1: :+1:

This is a really good idea. End of October timing should hopefully work for most people

4 Likes

I’m in.

3 Likes

yes, yes, yes, and yes!
I really miss our national day so reviving it seems to be more than a good idea.
Mount Sufferlandria, here I come :biking_man:

6 Likes

KNIGHT GROUP RIDE!

6 Likes

What a beautiful paceline we would make in our national team kit!

4 Likes

Tho you might want to edit that to Sirs/Dames. We are all Knights :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

Noted.

To be fair, we jettisoned honorifics over here around 250 years ago, so I’m a little rusty, @DameLisa!

:wink:

4 Likes

An RGT Mt. Sufferlandria could have the profile of kitchen sink. Recoveries are flat/slightly downhill. Uphill sections are based on how hard each effort is through kitchen sink.

1 Like

I’m in! I don’t know where I will be in the world that day (traveling that month), but I will make it work! :partying_face:

3 Likes

I’m in!

2 Likes

Nice, and maybe SystooliganX could scale VAM against 4DP so if we’re hitting our targets we all stay together…

Also sounds like you’re secretly saying “why spoil a perfectly good mountain with flat/slightly downhill bits ?” Excellent idea :+1:

3 Likes

Love it!

2 Likes

I’m in
Long live Sufferlandria!

2 Likes

5 Likes