Adjusting plan to account for off-bike changes

Hello!

As a postal worker I walk ~10-15 brisk miles per day, 5-6 days a week and then in the evenings I ride on the turbo, currently following a medium volume all-purpose road plan with strength sessions included.

I’ve just been told I have to self-isolate due to contact with a confirmed COVID19 case, which means no work and no going outside for 10 days. Any opinions on whether I should (or could) be adjusting my plan to include several extra zone 2 rides over the two weeks to account for the lost walking? Keen not to over or under exert myself too much. (This is presuming I don’t develop COVID19 symptoms myself of course…)

Thanks!

I wouldn’t worry too much, nothing you do now will affect your fitness, only add to your fatigue.

If you want to keep the legs turning etc then something light, maybe recharger and / or primers but light and easy does it.

Sorry, I didn’t make it clear in my original post that it’s not me that has COVID19, in fact I’m fitter than ever having just completed Half Monty with new PBs! I’m just off work because I have been identified as someone who was potentially near someone who has been confirmed positive.

So I’ll be carrying on with my plan at full intensity, it’s just a question as to whether I should add extra low intensity riding to make up for the lack of walking that I would otherwise be doing.

Apologies for the confusion!