🚀🚀🚀 Announcing: SYSTM, the new home of The Sufferfest 🚀🚀🚀

From Sir David himself and from this post at the very very top

2 Likes

The 10th Tour of Sufferlandria will be better than ever. It’s not going anywhere. Or changing it’s name. I can’t guarantee that we’ll eat pickled herring during intervals, though – might be something else.

9 Likes

The branding is still very much alive, just within a bigger eco system (sorry SYSTM :rofl: ) now

4 Likes

@Craig.Quarmby is holding me to my word for the knighthood quest next year, so ToS and the quest continue on!!!

2 Likes

I think the idea that Wahoo is somehow this huge generic corporation is a terrible generalization that has little basis in reality. They are still a small company at around 300 employees.

Alphabet (Google’s parent) has 135 thousand.

I get that you don’t like the changes and that’s fine, but the idea of some huge soulless corporation draining the life and color out of The Sufferfest just isn’t realistic.

12 Likes

Hey David,
Is there a roadmap of features that you all will be adding in the near future and what is planned in the long-term? There seems to be quite A bit of discontent about the movable calendar. If the end users had some insight into all of your teams efforts it might amd feature timelines it might help.

2 Likes

I mention quite a few things that are coming this year in the last 1/3 of my (long, but necessarily so) post. I don’t have much there on long-term, as I don’t have a great track record of keeping my promises in that regard. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Haha, “You have too much content” is the most creative complaint I’ve seen so far…

8 Likes

Also, @RoseYarrow

This has been explained, I believe, by Neal H / DmQ elsewhere. The targets for some exercises have been lowered in some areas very slightly. Only slightly.
They reviewed both the session data itself and people’s completion data.

The point of Sufferfest is to be a targeted exercise platform, not to kill, injure or just make people uncomfortable for no actual benefit. If people were regularly having to drop the targets or sometimes not even finish sessions, or take long breaks where they weren’t scheduled then people weren’t getting the training impulse they were supposed to for the session.
Typically, if you do a full session at 95% with the intervals spaced as planned you’ll get a better outcome than if you do the full session at 100% but with significant breaks during the session or run at 100% until you give up and don’t finish.

They’ve not “made them easier” so much as “tuned” a select set of sessions to make them more effective as training devices for the general Sufferfest population.
Personally, I think “we went back, realised these weren’t working the way we’d intended and so made small tweaks” is a positive instead of just saying “Yeah, that’s the way we originally designed it and we think now it might be wrong, but who cares?”

10 Likes

I’m really struglling to work out how to view your previous rides, anyone know how?

Currently, wait. It’s one of the things they wanted in for launch but couldn’t quite get past the post. Will be added soon.

1 Like

Yep, keeping a seat for you at the Table!

1 Like

I have the same issue, unable to find the files to add the exemption

Welcome @Piotr_Kubiak !

Garmin/ TACX Neo 2T - yes, that’s what I use.

1 Like

Use list view in the Calendar.

It appears that my power is half what it should be. Using dual sided powertap P1s on a dumb trainer via bluetooth. This combo used to work fine. Now it is not doubling the power as it is supposed to. I can connect to one pedal at a time. The app used to be smart enough to double it, now it appears broken.

@David.McQuillen.KoS I’m really enjoying The Knowledge podcast. Will they be published on a predictable schedule? Weekly?

(Yes I’m quoting myself!)

I’m not taking this comment back, but want to give credit where credit is due … the infinite scrolling view rather than the arrows to move forward or back by a month at a time is a solid improvement in the Systm calendar.

6 Likes

I the IOS app available yet? When I click “DOWNLOAD NOW” in the Suf app, it always brings me to this forum and I have seen no further download links.

1 Like

To be honest, that hasn’t been the impression I’ve got from going through the app / seeing the new intros on videos etc. Perhaps I’m using the wrong terminology though, maybe I mean visual identity. Also, references to things like Sufferlandria, Suffering, Couchlandria, Chamois (!) seem to have been removed wherever possible, so I wonder how they go back to an event where all of those sorts of things are front and centre.

Still either way I am happy that the ToS will be back at least one more time, even if it may end up being quite different to the old ones.

If there’s no Fluffy there will be riots though.