🚀🚀🚀 Announcing: SYSTM, the new home of The Sufferfest 🚀🚀🚀

Yep, I have compared some workouts side by side by having them open on different devices, the old app on one, the new on another and the power targets have been reduced in the new app on some workouts. So far I ahev foudn this in Blender and A Very Dark Place.

Had to share my disappointment here. Been watching the updates and promises for this for a long time and to finally have it come home as little more than a rebranding is definitely sad. Having just finished A Very Dark Place (on MacOS, new app installed fine, account worked, video worked, so thumbs up there), it’s pretty lame to be greeted at the start of the video by the lame SYSTM logo/image, yet you didn’t have time to remove the bleeding eyes flag from that video? I came to Sufferfest because it was fun, irreverant and hard, it looks like a good bit of that will go away. An easy suggestion, put a sufferfest theme in so we can at least have the red and black back on the app. That’s a days work for your (Wahoo’s?) ui team. AND DUMP THAT AWFUL SYSTM GRAPHIC FROM THE START OF THE VIDEO. Could there ever be a more obvious sign the couchlandrians have won than that? How about “Sufferfest, available only on systm?”. Anything, please!

8 Likes

Seems counterintuitive when you can lower your metrics when you feel a wee bit tired than overall lower the target.

Wow, just wow. This is so much more than I expected. Now I understand Sir David’s excitement and also why he had to wait to announce the whole thing in one go. I’m really impressed by the ambition that has been shown. I’m expecting a few challenging times as minor (or major) bugs get sorted but this ground up build looks awesome.
I can understand the sadness of our nation losing some of its identity but I know Sir David is right that the brand has put off some people/customers, whereas most of us here loved the brand and are here not just in spite of it, but partly because of it. However, if Sir David, founder of our nation, can bear the change it would be churlish if the rest of us couldn’t.
So when can I sign up for the next Tour? The 10th annual ToS no less. Count me in. And count me in with SYSTM.

7 Likes

With my 5ish year old iPad, I’ve been counted out from the new app.

Pity.

Well exactly, keep the hard targets and if you can’t manage you can always dial it back. On the days you do make it, you feel awesome for it.

1 Like

You can also use your mobile device. I have been running sufferfest for years on various iphones then use screen mirroring or a lighting cable to hook up to a tv.

1 Like

How about in the intro they feature a KOS in their million dollar kit every once in a while.

I think it is up to us here on this forum and in real life to keep the sufferfest alive. The workouts aren’t going anyway so we don’t have to let the rest of it die.

5 Likes

All looks good so far, can still download on the Win app and all my info is still there but the one thing I can find is the list of all the videos which tells me how many times I have done each one.
One of the things I do for fun if I have some spare training time is to just look for a effort i have not done yet and go for it. No where can I find this in the new app.

1 Like

I prefer level mode for most of those so I can hit what I can on the day.

1 Like

I always listen to the music one time then it is headphones for sure with the music turned off!

I had a perfect set up with the ipad on the front of my bike. No TV, or space to do so, and putting the videos on a small phone loses the entire point.

Welcome for other suggestions but I think I’ve been ejected!

Or you could think of it as an upside-down flag of Egypt, just sayin

1 Like

maybe an android OS based tablet is the cheapest way?

Sorry David, but I’m not impressed. It’s no longer the Sufferfest, it’s the Wahoo Training software. I use the Sufferfest for cycling training and avoided your yoga and strength training for the most part. Now you have way too much in here. It looks like there’s more cross training than there is cycling!!
If someone decides to roll back to a basic Sufferfest, preferably NOT associated with Wahoo, call me.

1 Like

Or…

Running SYSTM On Raspberry Pi 4 (Unofficial :wink: )

:wink:

Appreciate your help and suggestions. This would likely be the cheapest way for me to go, but the odds of me doing this,versus moving to other systems that still work on my ipad seem low. Sufferfest was fantastic, loved what it did, but not enough to have to pay even more just to use it!

Drag and Drop for the Calendar is coming! It’s not far away. It’s one of those things I really, really wanted in the launch but we just couldn’t get it in in time.

13 Likes

I was wondering about that… given the branding has largely been killed, I’d be surprised if it came back as the Tour of Sufferlandria. Time will tell I guess.

The TOS dates were already announced months ago. And the reports of Sufferlandria’s demise have been greatly exaggerated. The castle of the Knights of Sufferlandria stands as firm as ever.

7 Likes