🚀🚀🚀 Announcing: SYSTM, the new home of The Sufferfest 🚀🚀🚀

If you have a standard Chromecast then you can cast your phone’s screen to it. If you have a Chromecast with Google TV then it is possible (but not yet officially supported) to install the app on the Chromecast itself:

1 Like

Seems to work even with Android 8.0.0.

1 Like

Is the new app also coming to Android TV 9?
I installed and already tested the great new app on my Phone but can’t find it in the play store from my smart TV.
This would be preferable to sideloading it.

I had hoped it would be possible to change the Buttons of the Keyboard in the new App.
Since I refrained to request it for the old App it would be nice to have it in the new and much improved App. Kudos!
On my german keyboard I can select the level Mode from 0-9 without problems but can’t activate ERG Mode again since I have to press the ` Button which needs shift. On the German Keyboard Layout is the ^ Button in it’s place. So currently I switch to the US keyboard layout for this but I would love a native Solution within the Sufferfest App where buttons can be assigned to functions. Then I could set ^ to enable the ERG mode again.

It would be also great if the new calendar would support drag and drop to quickly rearrange things. Also are you planning on being able to manually add specific workouts to the calendar? This would be awesome to tweak the plan to one’s needs. Add extra workouts or switch them out to others.

I also love the fact that you can not leave the new Sufferfest App :slight_smile: The back button on Android does not let you leave no matter how often you press it :japanese_ogre:
Maybe display a Toast Message after someone clicks it twice or more “This is Sufferlandria, you can never leave!”. After more panicked clicks play an evil laugh and let the laser :goat: and Fluffy :t_rex: chase him away.

Keep up the great work :fireworks:!

7 Likes

Looks good, looking forward to using it! I like the additional no vid workouts.

1 Like

I really love the new app, the incredibly amount of new content. Its really amazing. Just one thing I would wish in the future: Some part of social stuff, Workout together, Race?!

Cheers, keep up the good work!

3 Likes

Looks nice but I think bitdefender anti-virus considers it malware I’m afraid

1 Like

Does anybody know if there are PowerMatch now?

1 Like

Am I missing something? I downloaded the Windows 10 version and it updated to 7.2.1. My iOS versions (phone, iPad) are still 7.1.1.
Didn’t the apps update as well? I downloaded from the app store.

1 Like

Wow ! Great new content! Had to delete old app and download SYSTM (iOS 15) but everything carried over . Curse you for the On Location vids - I missed two trips to Cottydale due to Covid and now I’ll be lusting for the mountains all winter ! Kudos to the team - can’t wait to dig in to new strength and getting into a new plan after current one ends ! Just motivation to get through an Ohio winter !

6 Likes

Hi @robertwgil - Sir David commented on that here: and rather than paraphrase and get it wrong, link attached

1 Like

Just some launch-fu we had to do to work with Apple and Androids often lethargic app approvals process. 7.2.1 coming shortly as updates on iOS (and Android)

Hear, hear!

Definitely feel your pain here. We’re working on this as we speak, but we have some unique journeys we need to make sure the back button doesn’t break. Stay tuned!

Some of our beta testers had the app working on Android 6 & 7 - we just don’t “officially” support it

2 Likes

Hi. I’ve fixed that in windows myself now by adding an exception. But I’m now not near my pc to cut and paste the exception info I added. Damn.

If you add an exception for that SYSTM exe file and tick all the exception boxes it will install )in my experience)

@gpsjared this has been submitted as a bug report for fixing

1 Like

Loving the functionality in the calendar, adding removing, moving workouts.

Also all the swim run sessions. Thanks Team
:100::heart:

8 Likes

Lots of the plans not have all options as before… guess that will come with time

hopefully … just maybe… one day there will be a advance century metric plan as well… that been promised for years now :grinning:

1 Like

Is the new app also coming to Android TV 9?

Another request for that, would love to just be able to join straight from my TV - or via Chromecast as a secondary option.

2 Likes

How many of the workouts in SYSTM support the Kickr Climb, and to second Christine-B’s question do they log elevation gain?

1 Like

I think now they’ve got an effective framework, the science team and coaches will have an easier time adding plans and content.

5 Likes

Having been one of the early beta testers, I can tell you there was a lot of discussion about the name change , and I felt it got sanitized . Same bit with the new flag and kit . Sufferfest has been edgy and we love it for that but I had a lot of trouble getting people to try it just because of the name . It’s still there and you can just call up Sufferfest on the channels so I feel you just have look a bit harder and get your friends hooked into the app first .

6 Likes

So ios apps are not updated yet @gpsjared ?

1 Like

@ScottyCycles62 delete The Sufferfest app and reinstall from the App Store. This updated to SYSTM for me.