ANNOUNCING: The New Sufferlandrian Flag & Coat of Arms

if you can hit your max NM power for every single interval in Violator and show proof that you have, we will take your query to Grunter and see what he says. :wink:

4 Likes

I have!:slight_smile:

I smell a challenge! :cowboy_hat_face:

Untitled-1

Hahaha! There is a reason for the big fat goose egg in my Violator history, I aint got NM! No worries, I’ll just sandbag my next Full Frontal and then give Violator a spin :upside_down_face:.

(On a serious note, I wish I would have just kept my mouth shut over on the Facebook group concerning the bloody drawing! :slightly_frowning_face:)

3 Likes

Now that I’m hip to the history of the black/white/red imagery, I could not help but notice the kt for the professional cycling team Lotto-Soudal: https://www.vermarcsport.com/en/lotto-soudal-2020

Huh!

It’s a trademarked image, I’m afraid so we can’t give permission to copy/distribute it.

2 Likes

Just want to mention that, at least to us, there is nothing wrong with the color combination of red, white and black. It looks awesome on the Lotto kit. The issue is when those colors are used in a flag in a way that resembles that early Nazi-era flag.

7 Likes

Well, the Lotto kit has the horizontal stripes in the colors just like the flag…and…I can’t unsee it!

2 Likes

Thank you for the clarification David.

1 Like

All in all, old is good and new is good… only bummer is that you cannot actually acquire these from anywhere…

2 Likes

Well said. Ive been around since 2013, have loads of gear and memories. Didn’t see, but now totally understand the flag change so all good there. The crest. Nope, but then Ive still not really accepted the crest change for my beloved Potters, who moved away from the City crest of arms to a much cleaner, easier to reproduce etc marketing crest that no doubt works in many ways. But me, i prefer complicated, requiring curiosity to understand what it is, the background etc.

However, will these changes stop me suffering - er no. Will they stop me thanking Sufferfest for changing my life physically and mentally for the better, er No! I recognise the need to change to allow growth and continued relevance, so fully support the team. Ive always loved the close contact between GVA and his minions, and the humour and long may that continue.

And the sheer quality of the likes of Cobbler show that things, can only get better

11 Likes

“Knock-off” companies (ie make the trademarked Nike swoosh from turned curved up to curved down) have been manufacturing nearly indistinguishable items for eons…

I am sure our nation is one which strives for constant improvement, and I know the citizens are the most welcoming and supportive of people. I love the weeping eyes of suffering, but the goat is a national treasure. That being said, the laser goat has not been my favorite part of my adopted home country of Sufferlandria, mainly because I always saw Sufferlandria as a shame culture, rather than a fear culture. The laser goats would likely pick off couchlandian imposter, not Sufferlandrians. None of us should fear the goats because we would never fail to suffer until we absolutely exploded in a stunning burst of lava snow. And if we did fail to give 10/10, the shame we would feel would be worse than the flogging Grunter would provide. I do respect the goat and always push a bit harder when I see them on the mountain-side, but they feel like trusty companions. In my house, just to make sure I do not succumb to the temptation of the couch, we adopted a Sufferlandrian laser cat. There is no sitting on the dreaded temptation of the Comfy Chair in this house.

9 Likes

Bummer about the trouble with UK shipping at the moment. I feel for all of you. Let‘s hope it will get sorted quickly.

On a different note:
Did anybody already get a shipping estimate or delivery notice from Cuore? Would be awesome to see the first sufferlandrians wear it during ToS.

Batch processed on the 30th… with 4-6 weeks delivery… I guess this won‘t work…

Yeah we were all thinking about that I guess … chance of getting kit … but it’ll only be going to production now I assume. But hey maybe some folks near a production facility that get an early batch might manage.

Off to look out some old battered worn kit now that I won’t have any new stuff … lol.
Duct tape in the chamois might work.

1 Like

Ha!! Glad I wasn’t drinking my coffee when I read that! It also provides a little extra padding for the Sufferlandrian saddle of choice, hence all the talk of shredded chamois.

3 Likes

The Uncomfortable Have Nothing To Fear :wink:

2 Likes

When I first saw the old logo I decided not to try Sufferfest because it looked so creepy, like serial-killer Silence of the Lambs creepy! And it reminded me of Ebola virus symptoms. I like to work hard and push myself, but not so hard my eyeballs bleed. Yuck! There is no return on that kind of suffering.

Luckily, a friend convinced me to try it despite my misgivings, and I love being a Sufferlandrian.

I think the goat is a good choice. He/she looks noble, strong and glorious! We train hard, despite everything, because we are all stubborn goats. I will order a kit and wear it with deep pride and pleasure!

7 Likes

My latest rendition of the new/old combo COA…maybe the new more modern shield shape (convex curved top - instead of older double concave) would work better? I like it on a black background and think this would work well on KOS jerseys and flags21 02 04 KOS Emblem old on black background + GOAT FINAL

16 Likes

Needs “Knight” on there somewhere or “Knight of” above Sufferlandria

1 Like