ANNOUNCING: The New Sufferlandrian Flag & Coat of Arms

I understand… my access to the Prep to knighthood FB was granted yesterday :muscle:

1 Like

Well if we’re just talking fan art, created to relieve boredom, I mashed this one up the other week. Bit of the old and bit of the new. If you look closely it’s actually a different goat but it was available as a transparent png on t’internet so easier to use (and you’d probably have to be a copyright lawyer to spot the difference so close enough). Facing “dexter” (aka the correct way), “attired” and “unguled” (yeah I also read up heraldic imagery during the period of boredom). I have no intention of opening this image again, was just a bit of graphic relief (oo er missus).

10 Likes

Good work Pierre. I’ve been meaning to do inverted options of the ones that I did (ie on a white background)…but haven’t got around to it…too busy on the TOS :rofl:

Do you mind if I use this image?

1 Like

I don’t mind. Don’t know about SUF. In theory my image could be considered a trademark infringement. My image is only meant to showcase the idea for a 2.0 version - in this thread.

I’m still pretty new here. I don’t know how SUF handles this kind of thing. But I’m naive and optimistic.

3 Likes

The use I am thinking is just for profile pics (personal use) etc, no monetary markteting etc.

I like your goat but there’s something wrong with its eyes :wink:

1 Like

Ha, yeah, they follow you around the room. And I’m pretty sure I was riding the Omnium when I created this graphic mashup so the laser goat had no reason to make an appearance :wink:

1 Like

Well that helps to quash the rumour that the only vid you’ve ever done is Violator :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I wonder if you considered bringing the new flag and/or coat of arms to the exports of any activities to various platforms. Namely, I’m referring to the Garmin Connect App/Website. When I review my workout on the Garmin Connect Website, I still see the old flag as an indicator from where the activity has been uploaded.

Could this be fixed anytime soon? I’d really love to see the Laser Goat there.

2 Likes

And that is totally fine with me. I love the original flag …

2 Likes

…why would we want to??

1 Like

Can you remind me what the black spider was supposed to be about on the old flag?

Not a spider, bleeding eyes

2 Likes

That’s funny. I am new to… everything here. And I saw the goat, but gravitated to the sufferer. And then I made my own training table… (not quite done yet, but there it is…)

5 Likes

Good look! Want to know how you survive with that TINY little fan?!?

:wink:

1 Like

:laughing: I am still working on the final setup. I eventually want to get the Headwind, but the little fan blows my face. I have my garage bench fan off camera to the right where my work bench is that also reaches me, though. I’m going to keep upgrading!!!

4 Likes

Well in just over two weeks my marathon will be done and I’ll finally be back to bike training (knee permitting!!). So thought it was about time to get the cave tidied and did a bit of re-decorating in the process by finally getting my new flag :slight_smile: it actually looks even better in the flesh!!

16 Likes

I’m new here, but I love the goat symbol! In fact, G.O.A.T. was one of the 10 videos I did in my KOS quest.

Is the goat symbol/COA copywritten? Are we able to use those logos on custom kits/gear? I was thinking of ordering some custom frame bags for my bike and would love to throw the laser goat on their if that is allowed.

2 Likes

If you do your Knighthood, you’ll get 4 decals with the coat of arms to put on your bike! :grin:

3 Likes