ANNOUNCING: The New Sufferlandrian Flag & Coat of Arms

@SirWadensee only way is G.O.A.T. Last. Well that the way I went my favorite video.

2 Likes

G.O.A.T. was number 8 for me. Check out my sufferlist :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Yeah, I just completed my Knighthood on February 5th and was just officially admitted to the forum yesterday. It’s safe to say, I’m proud of the attempt and was just wondering if it’s allowed to use the goat logo on other gear or not.

4 Likes

I want it on everything it at the end of my emails now.

1 Like

Aha I missed that! And yes it id very cool. I have it as my wallpaper on my laptop

1 Like

I’m not sure what the law is here, but I imagine as long as you aren’t selling stuff you are probably ok. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

I like the new flag, its good to appease the laser goats!

Is there a higher resolution version of the old coat of arms on a white or transparent background available anywhere? I’d like to use it in my wallpaper rotation but the largest I can find via google search is 800x800 and I’ve got a 4k monitor so it ends up small. I could scale it up but it won’t be as smooth as it could be then…

6 Likes

Hello fellew SUFs

I’m really happy about the departure from the original flag. The style and colors were too closely tied to present and past real world historical or current situations . These that have actual humans at this very moment real and very primal sufferings with basic necessities such as Food, Shelter, Clothing and hard challenges towards self growth.

We Sufferlandrians suffer by choice and I could not personally associate to that flag because of its design and colours. I’am military, with deployed experience which may possibly explain my sensitivity.

The GOAT flag is not perfect, but I can fly with it. This was not the case with the previous. For that I’am happy, and most of all have grown fawner of the Sufferlandria nation for this gesture, for having leaders that are considerate in this fashion.

Many thanks, and will crank the power to inflict the greatest amount of Pain and Agony to those around me. All the Glory to me is for the nation :wink:

4 Likes

Not a white background, but this is the old Desktop wallpaper they used to offer

9 Likes

Makes for a great new wallpaper on my phone. Thanks for the motivation!

1 Like

I have this wallpaper on my car’s stereo, so every morning I crank the engine to life, this is what I see :smiley:

3 Likes

Still the background on one of my desk monitors.

1 Like

Thanks for resurfacing this one as I now have a new phone lock screen image. I have resized the flag to phone resolution, Pixel 7 Pro in my case with 1440 x 3120 resolution.

Goat has been strategically placed so on my Pixel it’s clear of the fingerprint sensor and the time/date text.

8 Likes

Ha.
I too recently resized the flag, to chest resolution :smiley:

The world needs more Sufferfest merch

11 Likes

This is certainly not an issue I would care to fight about personally, and clearly it’s done now anyway, however this page is interesting:

I don’t vouch for anything there, but it does seem this was the German flag since 1867 (with color origins dating back much farther as I understand). The claim is it was actually used, maybe unsurprisingly, by both Nazi and exiled Germans during the war, and it seems continued to have meaning for exiled Germans after the war.

Perceptions can matter as much as facts, but knowledge changes perceptions too.

3 Likes

IMO - the goal of any business, is to grow - to do that in this model one has to increase marketability. I am grateful that The Sufferfest recognized this and joined with Wahoo because the overall application has increased in functionality (without a price increase, let’s remember). Would we rather that The Sufferfest go away altogether? Big picture, joining with Wahoo has culminated in the awesome opportunity to go on group rides with Ian Boswell and Pete Stetina and Heather Jackson in RGT. That’s amazing if you ask me. To your other point, if one believes that The Sufferfest workouts have been “watered down” go do the FF and then increase the % difficulty. Let’s remember that Boz won Unbound using the off the shelf 200 mile plan. If it works for Boswell, then it works for me (not that I intend to even enter Unbound, but we get the point). Long live Laser Goats. Long live The Sufferfest.

12 Likes

this is why - as a longtime Sufferlandrian - never quite felt comfortable with the old flag. I live in Germany and would never dare to fly it in public (even though I keep one in my pain chamber) but the goat is a lot less disruptive and yet frightening in its very own Sufferlandrian way

11 Likes

I don’t follow what you mean by “this” in “this is why [I] never…” Like I said, I get that perceptions matter and this perception exists and makes people uncomfortable.

But the article I linked pointed out that the old flag did not have its origins in Nazis. It represented many people well before Nazis, and the article claims that even during and after the war it was used by good people (also descending from pre-war Germany) who broke away from Nazi Germany. I don’t know how significant that use was. It’s all complicated because meanings of symbols change. It wasn’t continuously the German flag, reintroduced in 1933, making things worse. And the link claims it was adopted by Neo Nazis, so that may be the biggest impact on modern distaste, and unerstandably.

@Still_D, I get that you’re either really wanting to understand, or maybe you’re trolling - I don’t know. But Dame @IsiSchneider_KoS is LITERALLY GERMAN. Maybe just accept it and move on.

:thinking:

5 Likes

What’s super fascinating is that repression of the flag in 1918 is directly related to what many claim set the groundwork for a sort of resentment based ( and maybe partially justified resentment even) support of an ultra-nationalist uprising in 1933. I’m no expert, but I think I have that close to as right as reasonable for the number of words.