Are all Rivals bad or just mine?

ok, I bought a Wahoo Rival as I’d expected good quality, being a Wahoo product I thought it would be a good bit of kit.

Now it’s comfy (now i’ve swapped the strap) it tells the time and it shows steps.

Beyond that it’s a glitchy piece of c$$p!

The only way it seems to get it to sync regularly is to completely uninstall the software, reinstall, and re-sync, and that’s even with it’s own software let alone third party.

Today for example, completed indoor training session, go through history on the watch, shows the workout.

Wahoo app - nothing
Elemnt app - nothing

same thing yesterday.

it’s not even synching my steps! let alone the workouts.

I bought it expecting to be able to track fitness…being a fitness tracker I assumed it could manage that.

At the moment it feels like i’ve simply bought a wrist HRM that works with Zwift etc. Beyond that it’s junk.

so…defective or are they just poor bits of kit and I should just buy something better.

@Hudson1984 I am definitely not seeing that. You might have some sort of cloud issue. Reach out to support.

2 Likes

I have had Rival for over 3 months now and syncing has been working to Elemnt App, to Strava and to Komoot as usual. Couple time sync to Strava has taken longer than Komoot but has eventually showed up there. I would suggest to sort this out with Wahoo support, it’s great, the main reason I sold my Fenix ;).

It’ very very very true!!!
And now other brands update but “Wahoo” reinstall
In the past 6 months, I have reported the problem many times. What I got back was a “reinstall”?