At what age you lose fitness

@jmckenzieKOS If I ever get back down that way, likewise if you’re ever headed to Chicago with a little extra free time…

1 Like

The only way I’m visiting Chicago is if I’m transiting O’Hare or Midway. You and all in Sufferlandria are welcome to come visit. We have some stunning rides from the #2 mountain climb to a ride through the cacti. Oh, and the ride I did yesterday. 20+ miles of interesting climbing. @Sir_Brian_M It was Dove Mountain. Lovely views but I fear they are going to build until they reach the Interstate.

1 Like

I might add that as you age, you may find your priorities shifting and you may care less about absolute numerical results and more about how you spend your time, how you feel, your relationships with others, etc. As long as you stay healthy, prioritize fitness, stay engaged in your passions, you may not feel the need to constantly achieve PRs.

5 Likes

Im 46 and while I have been a recreational MTBer for 30 years (1 ride/week in warm months) just started training with power this year (when I bought a Kickr) and began training year round. I was tired of the winter cycle that killed my fitness, weight and was depressing - so now Sufferlandria is keeping me busy and fit (my disc golf score is suffering). I weigh less than HS and feel like I could crush my younger less focused self (who thought he was in shape).

I think age is a number, I regularly see dudes in Colorado/Utah/NC crushing it on both the slopes (skiing/snowboarding)/downhill MTB and hard XC trails. These guys/gals (and you here) are an inspiration to me that you never have to stop.

My 4DP is decent (I am a rouler), but it said my VO2Max was low - after reading comments here I need to focus on this much more (and will).

3 Likes