Breath of fresh air

After a year of 80/20 training on Zwift for an Ironman I’m back on Systm and what breath of fresh air. Really enjoyable and engaging workouts. Here’s to getting back in the 300 club. :muscle:

7 Likes

Welcome back! How did the Ironman go?

what is this 300 club?

1 Like

FTP, perhaps ?

2 Likes

Of course! Never been a member of THAT club :man_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

Har! I might have been, but that was long before I had a PM or smart trainer…

1 Like

Do Defender a few times and you’ll be there in no time :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Hey now, there’s no need for that kind of language :wink:

4 Likes

Thanks, yeah the ironman went okay, swim was good, bike was absolutely horrendous. 11500ft of climbing with 35mph winds. Had lower back pain so really found that tough then had the best run of my life :grin:

2 Likes

Yes a 300 ftp, I’ve had one before once with the old sufferfest training plan. However since having covid for the first time I’ve not been above 283.

2 Likes

@emacdoug, can you confirm this?

2 Likes

:astonished:

For some reason when I read your opening post my brain heard a half or short-distance ironman. Was thinking 11,500 feet elevation was INSANE. Still, even for full distance that’s a nightmare. Out of curiosity, which course did you do? I’ve been a medical volunteer a number of times at Lake Placid, in NY state, and even surrounded by the Adirondacks I think the bike is only around 6-7000 feet. 11,500 is…wow.

2 Likes

It was Ironman UK Bolton. 3 loops no flat just up or down constantly.

3 Likes

4 Likes

Well kudos to you, sir!

3 Likes

Half is Easy! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Haha :joy: that was the problem, the half that should have been easy had 35 mph cross winds.

4 Likes

The other problem would be that if half the distance is easy, it’ll be much less than half the time!

2 Likes

Just don’t do it every day. But if you do it 4 times in one day that’s some great training! :smile:

3 Likes

Post deleted by author

1 Like