Citizens of Sufferlandria Tour 2024 Race Village

Anyone know when the registration deadline is?

I’m away for a few days but back at some point - don’t know when yet - in the back half of the Stage 1 50 hour window. If too late, I won’t be able to get it done.

Want to register, but don’t want to be out before it even starts!

2 Likes

I don’t believe there is a deadline for registration but you could email Lauren with DPF lkehn@dpf.org.

I think the deadlines only apply to getting a badge or “credit” for a stage of that matters to anyone.

Edit: the offishul T’s&C’s don’t say anything about a registration deadline, only that the “giveaway” period is from Jan 15 - March 6 so entries must be received within that time.

1 Like

Hail Sufferlandria, I’m in!
IWBMATTKIT

4 Likes

Err…
I think I’ve joined that Discord thingy… but no idea what to do with it… :crazy_face:

2 Likes

We couldn’t have it any other way, Dame!!

3 Likes

I believe Discord is simply the abbreviated version of “discombobulated discomfort”. At least dis is what I’ve heard.

2 Likes

Just sign in when you ride and hopefully others are online too and you can chat. And likewise, login any time and chat to others who may be riding. Linda like the 9 Hammers Tavern but with chat instead of typing at each other :grin:

3 Likes

I rode Full Frontal this morning. Ouch. Just as painful as I remember.

Everything dropped except for AC which went up +7w. lol.

I think I was just tired with lack of sleep. But yay for having lower numbers now for the tour! :rofl:

7 Likes

I did a Half Monty a week ago, my numbers were up. I am just tapering this week. Only Primers left to do.

5 Likes

Nice one.

3 Likes

Excellent Suffering Sir! This reminds of when I did a FF ahead of a previous Tour, and Knighthood, and all the numbers went up. Instant regret / epic suffering followed… :joy:

4 Likes

Performed FF this morning as a training plan concluded, moved items earlier to accommodate start of ToS tomorrow. New PB in all areas and change in rider type, will be interesting first tour…

7 Likes
2 Likes

:grimacing:

May GvA be with you!

2 Likes

IMG_0154

3 Likes

Stage 1. Blender - Done and in the bin

No tears to report as yet but this IS only day one so I’m hoping Blender, together with my almost complete lack of preparation for the tour, has laid a good foundation of fatigue for a total emotional meltdown around stages 5-6 which will up the stakes nicely for the finish.

10 Likes

Pretty sure we were on the same lack of a plan. Gonna be fun times ahead. Fuuuuun tiiiiimes.

6 Likes

Halfway thru Blender and the flood of SUF holy water is already starting to short out my headphones. :grimacing::hot_face::partying_face:

2 Likes

Waiting for the fundraising dollars to roll in. To “ensure” I ride both routes. And also… you know…

https://secure2.convio.net/dpf/site/TR/TeamDPF/TheWahooliganTour?px=1154083&pg=personal&fr_id=1340

2 Likes

lil bit late to the party but just registered (donated an extra $20 to “register” for both routes) and will be jumping on the bike soon. gotta take advantage of the time zones to get in the first two days on the weekend :slight_smile:

i WILL be doing both routes, always the sufferlandrian route first follow by the other route always back to back (knighthood rules, only 10 minutes between rides)

i WILL be doing them all at NUCLEAR (my numbers are a month old)

where the route has the same ride, i will do the ride twice!

Last but not least, I will be donating my distance ridden for each ride (as reported by the app).

For anyone so inclined to donate to my suffering : 2024 The Wahooligan Tour: Valmiki Ramsewak - Davis Phinney Foundation

SUUUUUFFFFFERRRRRR

7 Likes