Connecting to Garmin Connect

Garmin has a history of messing with the backend and messing up connections from 3rd parties.

If you activate the connection to Strava from SYSTM and connect Garmin to Strava (from the Garmin side) it “should” pull the ride info from Strava.

Honesty I’m kinda done with Garmin, their ride computers have never worked well for me (turn by turn is a POS) but I’m kinda stuck…unless Santa brings me a Wahoo head unit

It’s not you, it’s Garmin’s backend as usual.

So Garmin needs a swift kick in the backend? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

Send in the Laser Goats to Garmin/Couchlandria :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Exaaaactly, maybe my Edge 800 will go for a swim soon. My kingdom for an ELEMNT!

1 Like

Same problem here, from Mac OS App and Android.

A “export to file” option would be great. With Rouvy we can export to multiple file format (.fit…)

There’s an option for SYSTM to send a copy of the workout to your email. Same window where you connect garmin etc to SYSTM

1 Like

Thank you, the files are attached to the email!

1 Like

Hey Systm team, I believe you have an issue with your api :slight_smile:

I reinstalled the last version of sufferfest, logged in with my Systm credentials, and connected to Garmin. Same Problem here, at first glance. But when opening the Systm app, I noticed that the Garmin account is connected.

The problem is solved for me. The training effect is still absent.

@arthur Are you sure you have everything setup correctly in Garmin ecosystem? Training effect status is calculated on Garmin device (latest Edge devices or watches, older devices does not support this function) and you must synchronize workout twice. Also I think that Physio Trueup function must be enabled. For me the Garmin training effect status works fine with Systm.

Edit: I apologize for mixing the terms in this post. I originally wrote mistakenly “training effect” but I meant “training status”, which is something different. Thanks @arthur for pointing it out.

The training status is calculated on Garmin devices and it seems to work on my Fenix watch.
The training effect is not provided and has never been.

2 Likes

We just pushed a fix that should make it so that you are able to connect your Garmin account reliably now. We had a bug in our OAuth code that was made much worse when we scaled to multiple API servers when we launched SYSTM. It made it so authenticating Garmin almost always failed.
Can you try connecting your Garmin account and let me know if it works for you now?

4 Likes

Works for me now, you may want to make an announcement.

2 Likes

Hi, Garmin connection also works for me now (and didn’t before)

Thank you!

2 Likes

I made the connection with Garmin again and now it is in my authorized apps and stays connect. Thanks.

1 Like

Working now!

2 Likes

Can confirm - Garmin is back! cc @OliveClogs @Mugo @Lisa1010 @jacek @AdamITR @arthur @Simon46 @Daniel1

5 Likes

New SYSTM user here - I’ve been able to connect to Strava and Garmin Connect and can see the activities in both accounts but Garmin Connect is not recognising them regarding Training Status - should I be doing something else to get them to be used?

1 Like