Download workout vs WiFii and priorities

Summary first:
When you download a workout believe its stored somewhere in the app and guessing it gets deleted after completing. The download allows doing the workout if there is no WiFi.

The questions:

1. If the workout has been downloaded but there is still WiFi, which does the program read from?
  2. If it reads WiFi first, will it automatically switch to the download and are they running in sync?
  3. If WiFi is a potential issue, is best practice to download the workout then be certain to have WiFi turned off while completing?

I’m still new and trying to learn the best way to make everything work.

1 Like

I can’t answer all your questions but three things to know.

1. The workouts are NOT deleted after you complete them. If you want to delete them you must go back to the ride and click the same button you did to download. It will ask you to confirm you want to delete the downloaded event.

2. It is my understanding that if you download a workout, it will read it from your device even if wifi is turned on and working.

3. As a matter of course, I always download 100% of my workouts in advance. You never know what might happen. Even if the wifi is good, sometimes the videos will still buffer. Just download in advance and save yourself the aggravation.

2 Likes

That’s my understanding too. I also download workouts in advance.

1 Like