Everesting

Hello all

I am planning an everesting but I don’t know how to turn around in RGT in order to ride the same segment multiple times.

Thanks

3 Likes

I have exactly the same plan and the same problem. And from what I have observed on the magic roads is not possible.

1 Like

@jacek @Freddy I had this issue - I believe you need to select a looped route for it to be continuous but @RGT-FB-Moderator may have more specific help for you.

1 Like

Hi :slight_smile:
RGT Cycling is now one of only two virtual platforms (the other being Zwift) to be fully endorsed for official attempts by the custodians of the Everesting concept, Everesting.cc.
If you are riding in an EVENT or a RACE you cannot ‘CHANGE DIRECTION’ . On a REAL ROAD JUST RIDE you can ‘CHANGE DIRECTION’ as many times as you like, by using the button at the bottom of the screen :slight_smile:

@jacek is quite correct in saying that you can’t ‘CHANGE DIRECTION’ on a Magic Road - no ‘CHANGE DIRECTION’ button is present at the bottom of the screen.

Magic Roads are built in a unique server instance and created on demand each time you ride - that’s why it takes 5 minutes for them to be ready to ride on. I guess that’s part of the reason for the turnaround not being available…

This is a famous everesting attempt using RGT EVERESTING WITH LOUSIE - Wahoo RGT (rgtcycling.com)
RGT have had Everesting Challenges each Dec/January in recent years, which allow you to accumulate your elevation over a period of days :slight_smile: This is an example of what’s been done before with a special RGT challenge event shown from The Wahoo RGT Eversting page Wahoo RGT - Everesting the Everest - Do an Everesting on Everest (rgtcycling.com)

There is no cut off time or distance when doing a Just Ride activity so you can ride up and down for as long as you like :hot_face::wink:, but organised EVENTS/RACES are limited to about 4 hours/100km so are not suitable if you want to ride continuously.

One thing to be aware of is that I THINK a Just Ride will time out and close if no activity is seen for a about 25 minutes. I’m told by @Riley that the world record is 6hr40!!! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Can you share the magic road code for the Everesting on Everest route? It is missing from the linked page.

1 Like

That page was for a “Challenge event” in May, and was an example of what’s been done previously and how to submit your activity - sorry, I don’t think I made that clear enough, so I’ve edited it… :slight_smile:
Try this code :wink: It’s from RGTDB RGTDb and is the original created by Paul Nicholls. You need a user account to gain access, but I can’t guide you in that as I’ve been a member for too long to remember how!

7 Likes

:+1: This is the link to the Magic Road:
https://user.rgtcycling.com/magic-road?code=1UbhxTUPUt08

I’ve added it to my library for a rainy day :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I haven’t :wink: :rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Rides cannot be loops. The descent must be via the same road.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing that out @jacek ! Yes, those are official Everesting Rules :slight_smile:

1 Like

This weekend I managed to do Virtual Everesting (10k). Preparations are the last 6 weeks of the “200 Mile gravel” plan + 3 times basecamp (4500m, 5000 and 6000m) + in the meantime Monthly Challenge November and December, UCI Week. I used RGT - Mont Ventoux x 7 for the challenge. I didn’t finish the last climb because the RGT crashed and it was impossible to continue. I’m waiting for the Hells 500 decision now.

8 Likes

Congratulations @jacek! Awesome accomplishment!:mechanical_leg::mechanical_leg::muscle:t3:

3 Likes

Congrats Sir!

Edit: #crewgotcrew

2 Likes

This may be of interest to someone: Hells 500 organize vEveresting together. more details: Join the Haute Route vEveresting challenge this February! | A post by HELLS 500 on Strava

1 Like

9,011 meters in just under 110 kms via 8 virtual rides… Sounds like fun, no?

I signed up but I don’t think I’ll commit to anything more than a 25% vEveresting - you get the same prize anyhow!

1 Like

Sorta kinda, but if you do the full, and you do it without sleep, you will also get your name in the Hells500 vEveresting Hall of Fame along with the single drop badge. This will also allow you to buy the iconic grey stripe kit. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes