Finishing Kit Ideas

Right now, even parts are really hard to find. To be perfectly honest, your stem and post aren’t going to do much. The exception is the unobtainable Ergon CF3, which they raised the price another $100 because, well, no reason, really.

What really matters is the handlebars. For sprinters, Easton EC90 Aero matched with the Sprint (also unobtainable) stem make everything rock-solid, but not super-comfortable for long days. 3T and Ritchey make some of the most comfortable bars that stand-up to a lot of abuse. Enve are super-sexy, but I just have issues paying $250 for a stem that doesn’t work any better than a $50 one. If you want a little eclectic, Thomson make amazing products, but I’ve had problems with the handlebars slipping a bit (1:3, so it may have been a fluke).

Nice bike. Looks pretty sweet already.

Maybe pair up new stem and seat post and if very keen get handlebar width properly fitted to your shoulder width (which could improve cycling performance much greater than just aero bars). Zipp have got nice black on black stuff.

I don’t know if anyone has mentioned it already, but I’d lose that saddle bag! :wink: Get a smaller one that is flush with the saddle :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like